Thursday, January 21, 2010

The daily ten

Went to the post office and there was no line.
Got stationary with Monet artwork. Love those water lilies.
Was overwhelmed and tense at work, but was grateful because it means I have more responsibility.
It's Megan's birthday as well as my Aunt Kate's!
Flirted with my favorite Brit.
Got a new travel book.
Saw Avatar and absolutely loved it. I had no desire to see it but felt like I should considering it's something like we've never seen. It was absolutely incredible. (Minus the cheesy script.)
Called my sister and we both asked, within a second of each other, "Hey, how's it goin?" It sounded like when you get an echo on your cell phone so I then asked, "Can you hear me?" Only to hear it again. Then I said, "Hello?" And she responded. Turns out she also had said, "Can you hear me?" I told her I was confused because she sounded so much like me, I thought it was my own voice echoing. Strangely enough, she thought the same thing. We had a good laugh.
Got home and found out the second season of Damages came on Netflix. I didn't get a chance to finish the second season so I'm rewatching with Maria.
Walked by the shoe shine guy at work and got a big whiff of the polish. Mmmmm.

2 comments:

katherine said...

I have been waiting and waiting for season two to come out. Why did it take so long?!?! Thanks for the good news!!!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I have no desire to see Avatar either. I keep hearing good things from other folks who didn't want to see it either and found it converted them, but I'm afraid I'm too much of a contrarian -- I'll dislike it just to be difficult!