Thursday, January 28, 2010

And speaking of travel

In case anyone's wondering, I think I've decided my top five travel destination dreams are:


Dubai. Dying to go here! So much advanced everything it's insane. Plus, after Amber lived here for a few months she's got me craving the UAE.

Cairo. Are you kidding me? I feel like at some point we won't be able to go see the pyramids and I just have to!

Thailand. I think I need to go here with a man. On our honeymoon. Yup. Pretty sure.
(But in the mean time, if someone wants to take me I wouldn't say no.)

South Africa. Need to.

Greece. Oh man. I've had so many friends go here and they can't stop raving. Now that I sit next to my Greek coworker and I get to hear all his stories I'm so in love.

And honorable mentions:

Hong Kong. The more my guys travel here, and the more I hear about it, the more I want to go.

Tokyo. I've had a few friends go and have now been sold on the idea after hearing about it. I have a friend living there now and working for Tokyo Disney, and another friend who's going to visit this summer. I may need to join.

And obviously, still need to hit up these places since I've lived across the pond for almost three years now and still haven't made it.

London.

And last but not least, Paris, the city of love.

Sort of funny how up until a few years ago Asia did not appeal to me one bit. Now I can't get it out of my system.
If I were a rich girl....la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a dream list, only I wouldn't have Paris at the bottom. I've been dreaming of these places myself. Paris and London are ones that I go back to often, I love them. Thailand, Hong Kong and Japan are definitely in the future. The pyraminds would be a dream. The only place that does not interest me is Dubai.

Jason said...

Not that you asked, but here is my list in order or preference:
1) Dubai - maybe you, me, and Elise
2) China - Great Wall
3) Peru - Machu Pichu
4) Bora Bora - 2nd Honeymoon
5) Thailand - 3rd Honeymoon???
6) Alaska - want to see the glaciers before they melt away even though I don't believe that liberal BS
7) Greece - maybe a cruise
8) Spain - traveling is so much more fun when you can speak to the locals
9) Kenya - Simba
10) Australia/New Zealand

Lindsey Walker said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love the daily ten idea, it is great! As you saw on my list, we are going to New York in March. Maybe you could give me some pointers on some must do's while we are in the city? We are going to be seeing some broadway shows and planning on lots of yummy food. I appreciated your comment about struggling to start a family. I have a hard time too because I am a mormon but not your typical mormon girl! anyway, thanks again for commenting!

chiggidy said...

i am DYING to go to Greece. before the year is out. mark my words. you in?

Steve and Rebecca said...

Makes me want to travel seeing all those beautiful pictures!