- We're supposed to have an incredible snow storm over the next 24 hours. All the schools have already cancelled classes. A bunch of the traders have hotel rooms to stay in the city for the night to make sure they can go to work. I sort of wish every subway near me would break down so I didn't have to go to work. I walked to work once when the subways broke down, but that was August. Make no mistake, it was miserable in that heat, but I can do 4 1/2 miles in the humidity, not in a white out.
- It was a big big day at work today. I was very apprehensive, but it turned out exceedingly well. I'm a very happy girl.
- To say I've become obsessed with the chunky potato leek soup at Hale & Hearty would be an understatement. I think about it in the morning as I walk to work, and think I could easily eat it for breakfast. It is so good.
- I decided to pull the trigger and invested in an SLR camera tonight. After a little research and a lot of help from Elise, I decided to go with the Canon Rebel XS. I am really excited. I promised myself after my pictures from Australia were lackluster that I'd get a nicer camera before my next trip. I'm really excited to learn how to take better photos.
- The girls and I went to dinner with Linds at Max Brenner tonight. As usual, it was delicious. And as usual, the chit chat and laughter was even better.
- Several times in the last week I've been reminded again and again how fragile life is. I have had some shocking news regarding friends and friends of friends and my heart aches for my loved ones.
- I got a free Yankees umbrella with my purchase tonight. Hurray!
- My watch, which I love, is the single thing I receive more comments on than anything else I wear. I love it, but I'm pretty sure I got a lemon. I've had a handful of problems with it and I've only had it for a year and a half. Pretty frustrating. I found out it's under warranty for two years, however I can't find the dang receipt! I did speak with a lovely lady in customer service who said to bring it into the store, and if they still carried the model she would just give me a new one. Thank you Bloomingdales! That is what I call customer service. Now just keeping my fingers crossed they have it.
- Had a couple of long chats with my mom today, which was nice.
- I seriously almost was smashed between two cars today. I was really lucky. Yikes.
- Last night I dreamt about the Marriott boys. Are there even Marriott boys? And if so, are they single?
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
In lieu of the daily ten