Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SOS

I'm moving into my new place a week from Saturday and I really need to purchase, probably 2, wardrobes.  I don't have a closet.  I'm sure you non-NYers are thinking, how would I not have a closet?  Well, if I were rich and could live alone I'd have two awesome closets in my new place, but unfortunately, I'm not, and have two roommates, and negotiated for the room I wanted and gave up my rights to get one of those closets.
My friend lives in the building and was in the same predicament.  She got two sweet wardrobes from IKEA but paid for delivery and set up and ended up with a bill of about 1k.  I'm not really trying to drop a grand, and would rather get something non-IKEA so I don't have to deal with a setup with Swedish instructions.  I don't want to spend a ton of money if I can avoid it.
Any suggestions???  Especially you New Yorkers who've had to get creative in the shoeboxes we live in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You might check some second hand consignment furniture stores.