Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Autumn in New York

Is there anything better?
Yesterday on my way to work it was a little bit darker in the morning, and brown leaves were flying in the air.
It's official, it's fall, I thought to myself.
Even though I'm such a summer time girl, I couldn't help but smile.  Today it was a tad bit more crisp.  I found myself searching for sunlight to walk in, instead of the usual shadow casts by buildings I crave all summer long.  I went into Lord and Taylor this afternoon and was bombarded by gloves, hats, and scarves.  (Can't wait to start wearing my new Uggs!)
Like Katie, I contemplate whether I really would prefer warm days all year round like back in California, or if I really do enjoy the change of seasons.  I used to scoff at my dad when he'd complain about California lacking four seasons.
Now, I understand.  And I like it.  

4 comments:

Jason said...

You're crazy. I'm going surfing on Saturday. I'll leave the seasons to you and your tree hugger friends and keep the year round 70 degrees and sun for me. Buahahahaha.

Marcus and Amy said...

I agree with you, I enjoy the change in seasons. My favorite season just happens to be fall! Then I like summer, then I like winter. I am not such spring time fan.

Steve and Rebecca said...

I know! The last few nights have been really cold. The kids have actually worn their feet PJ's to bed. And today was perfect at the park...overcast and cool. I love it!

elise said...

Lived in the changing seasons in UT. Much prefer 70 degree days year round. But it is getting darker much earlier and I hate it. It makes me want to be lazy.