Saturday, September 6, 2008

Risa and Ryan Williams, 08/31/2008

So I made it to Portland safely the Thursday before the wedding.  When I arrived I was SO exhausted, as I'd been working all day and landed at 11pm (so 2am east coast time.)  Risa told me she'd take me back to her place, but everyone was hanging out at Dr. Feelgoods, the bar about a mile away from her and Ryan's house.  I didn't want to be antisocial so I said I wouldn't mind stopping by for a bit.  I ended up getting a second wind and we stayed out till a little after 1.  Obviously I was so tired, but that didn't stop us from staying up till about 3:30 or so, chatting away and catching up.  Luckily we didn't need to get up the next day for anything until our nail appointments at 2pm.

Looking all sorts of nasty.

I love little Troy.

Friday night at the rehearsal dinner.  It was held at the home of Risa's aunt and uncle, Katherine and Mike.  Obviously so gorgeous.  We ate dinner on the deck overlooking the water.  Mike also married Ryan and Risa.

Saturday we all got on a charter bus and went wine tasting at three different vineyards.  It was so beautiful.




We took a tour at the last winery.

Saturday night we ended up going to Dr. Feelgood's again.  It's quite the dive bar.  An empty dancefloor didn't stop Dustin from busting a move.  Ryan had about 16 buddies in town for the wedding.  To say they were wild and rowdy is quite an understatement, but they were a lot of fun too.

Getting ready.

Striking a pose.

Best friends since 1997.  Doesn't Rees look so gorgeous?

Risa's cousin Kelcey and I were the bridesmaids.

No event is complete without taking the "crayfish" photo.  Oh the cheer days...




I LOVED all the black and white.  Rees has great taste.

With Troy, the Man of Honor.

It was so fun to have my parents there.

Their first dance to God Blessed the Broken Road.  It was so sweet, and perfect.

I don't think there was a dry eye during Risa and John's dance.

The happy Mr. and Mrs. Williams.


8 comments:

Steve and Rebecca said...

Steve and I were just talking about how pretty Portland is. Risa and you both look great!

Unknown said...

Wow! Risa had a very elegant weddding.She looked beautiful. You looked fabulous in that dress! Troy cute as ever.

elise said...

pretty, pretty, pretty! (both) your dresses, her dress, the views.

katherine said...

Love your dress--you looked gorgeous!

Jamie said...

it's so nice to have old friends. looked like it was lovely and you looked amazing! :)

Nadia said...

you girls look great, I LOVE the dresses!!! Black and white are so classy.

Cindy Robinson said...

congrats to risa! and HELLOO...you look so BEAUTIFUL!! i'm glad you had a good time!

melissa said...

wow love her dress! your makeup looks amazing!