Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mom

I'm maybe the worst daughter ever, because with all the shout outs I've done, I think this is my mom's first.  Last year on her birthday I didn't have a computer so I was rarely blogging.  
Her birthday was last week, and in honor of her golden bday, I'd like to list 35 things I love about my mom.  Sorry it's late Mom, hope your day was great!

  1. Her infectious laugh
  2. Her phenomenal cooking skills
  3. Her embarrassing stories she doesn't mind sharing so we all get a good laugh
  4. The way she pretends she knows the words to songs and will sing along in the car, but if I turn down the volume she'll slowly fade away
  5. Her thoughtful nature
  6. Her always good intentions
  7. She puts people first
  8. She loves her family so much, and will do anything to have them near her
  9. The way she'll cry over a commercial (maybe that's where I get it?)
  10. Her sweet karate kicks she used to bust out when we were younger
  11. The way she'll rock out
  12. How she loves to dance
  13. She was always the mom my friends loved
  14. Her leadership abilities
  15. Her fashion sense, which is usually better than mine
  16. Her little sayings, that are pounded in all our heads
  17. The way she indulges
  18. She's a giver
  19. She'll always take me everywhere I want to go, when I come to California
  20. She makes friends with everyone.  Seriously, you can't take her anywhere because she knows people everywhere.
  21. She'll let you choose where you want to eat, what movie you want to see, what game you want to play (except for when the Mexican Train is involved....we always have to play that one)
  22. She likes the same tv shows I do
  23. She gets the best tans
  24. Even when I'm a brat, she shakes it off and still wants to talk to me
  25. She's spontaneous and always up for something new
  26. She always wants our time together as family to be the most fun and most memorable
  27. She always figures out the twists and surprises is movies (something that actually drives me crazy, but only because I never figure these things out)
  28. The way she acts like she's so impressed by my living in Manhattan
  29. The way she can talk to anyone, whether she's known them her whole life or just met them
  30. She makes me feel like I can speak openly, and don't have to sensor myself
  31. She always tries to do the right thing
  32. She'll always spoil us, even though we're all adults
  33. How she'll work so hard, to make everything perfect when we come home
  34. The way she was always involved in my life growing up
  35. The way she continually unconditionally loves us

1 comment:

elise said...

I heart Deb. Couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law.

And #16- I totally use the Deb-isms. All the time.