Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm alive

I've officially painted, and moved in, but not quite finished unpacking.  It's been a process, dependent upon a few things.  I'm almost done, but have been ridiculously busy, and totally exhausted.  And don't worry, my bruised and scabbed foot is slowly recovering from the piece of IKEA furniture that collapsed on it.  That was fun.
Obviously with the crash of our economy things have been pretty crazy at work.  My poor boss pretty much hasn't slept all week.  He's been at the office till almost midnight, and starting conference calls with Asia at 2:30 in the morning.  I've seen guys falling asleep on their desks this week.  And snoring.  
I've just been busy trying to make his life easier in any way I can.  You know it's going to be a bad day when you wake up for work and there's a text from the man, asking to pick up 15 breakfast burritos from McDonald's for the desk.
Anyway, at some point I'll post pics of the new place.  Don't anticipate a lot, it's about half the size of my last.  But I am love love loving my new room.
More soon.

6 comments:

Steve and Rebecca said...

Steve and I have been wondering how HSBC has been doing with all the banks that have gone under...scary!

Nadia said...

Hurray Rach!!! Im so glad you are all moved in - well almost. We cant wait to see the new place.

Nadia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

unpacking is always a process...no fun. but, exciting that you have a new little home! :D

Zanne said...

I noticed on your blog that you have been to Sun Terra in Corolla, NC. We have rented it for April. Can you tell me about the house? Is it a nice house? My email is suzannemcc@comcast.net Thanks. Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

chiggidy said...

sun terra is AMAZING.

i would love to go back.

on a separate note - rae, can't wait to come see the updated place.