Monday, January 21, 2008

MLKJr weekend

I love three days weekends, especially because at the bank, they're three and a half day weekends. Whenever we have Mondays off we always close early on the Friday before.
After work I did some serious shopping. I got a bunch of things, but the most important was my dress for Shantay's wedding this weekend! She's not having bridesmaids or anything, but wants me to dress in her colors. I needed a second opinion so I ended up buying four different black dresses and had Curtis help me pick the final one.
This picture is from winter semester 2005. This is when Shantay and I just started getting to know each other, the beginning of a beautiful friendship, if you will. The picture is from North 40. If you went to BYU-Idaho, you definitely have heard of this gem of a place. It's super ghetto, but Shantay and I had a blast learning to ride the mechanical bull.


Friday night Curtis got in late from Atlanta so we saw an 11:40pm showing of Cassandra's Dream on the Lower East Side. (Here we are on the R/W.....my roommates happened to be on it as well, going to the opening of a new museum.) We've never gone to the movies there so it was kind of a different experience. All the different neighborhoods of Manhattan have such a different vibe. We definitely felt a little out of place with all the emo/alternative people crowding Houston Street. The theater was pretty old school. You had to stand in line outside and the seats were totally old. It reminded us of the cheap theaters in Rexburg and Provo.
The movie was alright. It was directed by Woody Allen and you could definitely notice his signiture style. It was a little slow at times, but still enjoyable. Ewan McGregor was exceptionally hot, and I never complain if I have to watch a show with Collin Farrell.

Saturday we decided to see Cloverfield, despite being skeptical it might be totally lame. We went into it with the attitude to just enjoy it for what it was, and we did! You can't go expecting to see something realistic, or you'll be disappointed. It was really fun because there was a ton of "NY lingo" (references to things you'd only catch if you live in the area, or are very familiar with it.) About half of the movie is based in lower Manhattan, which is where I live. They never show where exactly they are, but at one point they're filming in front of a Sephora that looks like the one just a little up my street on Broadway.

After the movie I was craving some chips and salsa so we hit up Chevy's. Curtis was excited for the guac, as you can tell (and his arms aren't as hairy as they look in this pic, haha.)

We got the Ooey-Gooey-Chewy Sundae. SO FREAKING GOOD.

Sunday was church. Curtis spoke and did a great job. It was so cold walking to the subways. Seriously, I don't know if I can handle this cold. My face almost froze off.
After church we came to my place and hung out and enjoyed a nice three hour nap. A little too long I guess. We watched the season finale of Amazing Race (spoiler alert!) and I was SO excited because my favorite couple since the first episode, TK and Rachel won!!!! They seriously were so amazing, never losing their heads, never getting frustrated with each other, always just appreciating the experiences they were having. Talk about the most adorable little couple.
Then we watched the awesome Giants game.....so excited for the Super Bowl! Manning is going to kill Brady.
Today I had work off. I enjoyed sleeping in till about 11am. Curtis had to work but came over for a lame lunch of cereal and a 100 calorie pack. What can I say, I have no groceries. Fresh Direct was backed up so my food won't be delivered until tomorrow.
Then I did a little shopping down at South Street Seaport. Once again, it was freezing, but at least it was really sunny and the sky was blue. I returned a coat at J.Crew and got some socks and saw my friend Brittany who works there. I also went to Baby Gap and got some adorable things I will post later (after their recipients receive them.)
All in all it was a great weekend, now I need to go get some laundry done!

3 comments:

elise said...

Fun weekend!

I love cereal for lunch, or any meal, and eat it even when we do have food.

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

ready for something crazy! TK Erwin went to high school with me!!! We were never really friends, just aquaintances, but when I heard he was on the show, I freaked out..and now he's a millionaire! INSANE!

Ang said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. You did much more than I did. I wimped out with the freezing cold weather and camped inside for most of the break... and ate lots of cereal. :)