Thursday, January 17, 2008

I still <3 NY

So all my California family and friends have been shamelessly talking about their fabulous 75 degree January days they've been having.  I hate to say it, but I've been that person.  Alright already!  I know you've been to the beach, I know you've been to the park, I know you're wearing flip flops.  Okay, I'm just kidding, I'm really just jealous because I'm cold!!  The picture below is from my sister's blog.  She took it from their house on one of the many beautiful days they've had.  Even though they've got the amazing weather they can still see the snow-capped mountains.  Sheesh.

Luckily it hasn't been too bad.  We really haven't had snow, actually we've been getting a lot of rain.  But hey, yes it's cold, yes my lips and skin have been ridiculously dry, and yes I've been taking Airborn everything three hours because everyone's been sick, but, I still love New York.  I mean come on, look at this picture of the southern part of Manhattan.  Yes friends, this is where I live, and it's pretty great.  Thanks to Curtis for the great pic he took from the airplane.

For those of you who are Manhattan challenged: the bridge on the right is the Manhattan Bridge, the one on the left is the Brooklyn Bridge, one of my favorite landmarks.  It's the one in I am Legend.  I've posted pics of it before and have mentioned walking across it (yes, to Brooklyn, that area of land you see on the bottom of the picture.....and the area on top is New Jersey.)  If you look at the part from the Brooklyn Bridge to the left, and kind of pinpoint the middle, I live about there.

1 comment:

brenna said...

I hear ya on the cold-- we've had a high of about 15 the past few days and it snowed 8" at my house last week. Gotta love it