Monday, June 18, 2007

***Star struck***


Check out who I saw Saturday night!!! Not only did I see him, I was like, 10 feet away from him at PJs on 57th and 7th. I was sitting at the bar of this restaurant with some friends. They were all eating and I was just drinking some water and then my friend next to me said, "Oh my gosh, that's Harrison Ford." I could not believe I'd been sitting there for five minutes, and didn't even notice Indiana Jones!! Two of the guys with us didn't believe it was him, but my friend and I were positive. There he was, sitting at the bar having a drink with two guys, like a normal person.
Here's the answers to all the questions everyone's been asking:

-No, Calista Flockhart was not with him.
-No, he didn't look hot. His actually looked pretty scogy. His hair was all askew, and had nappy facial hair, and was wearing old man glasses. He was actually more scrawny looking than I'd expect. If he wasn't anyone, I'd just think he was some tired old man and not look twice.
-No, I didn't talk to him. I think the only celeb I'd ever approach is Jack Nicholson because I just could not pass him up. Any time I see anyone I just feel too dumb and don't want to bother them. But I DID talk to his friends....I'll explain in a sec.

So he was there for about 10 minutes after we noticed him. I tried not to stare but I couldn't help myself. All I could think was, Oh my gosh! Indiana Jones! Regarding Henry! Air Force One! What Lies Beneath! Random Hearts! And so on.

He finally got up, put a beige baseball hat on, and left. By that point some more people had quietly noticed and then when he left the discussion was on whether it was him or not. There was no doubt in my mind. While he was still there people were asking the servers and they tried to play coy. I finally went up to his friends and said,
I'm so sorry to interrupt, but everyone's a buzz trying to figure out whether that gentleman who was with you is who we think he is. I'm trying to settle the bets. Was that Harrison Ford?
They kind of laughed and said, Oh no, that was just someone that looked like him.
Me: OH! Okay, so that was like, his long lost twin, right?
Them: Oh yeah, yeah, that was his evil twin, Danger Ford. (wink wink)
Me: (smile) Okay, well thank you so much for settling that.
They smiled at me and then looked at each other and chuckled. It was great.

2 comments:

::jill:: said...

hey rachel,

i'm glad you found me on here. i added you to my links too. looks like you are having a blast in ny with all your star sightings and what not.

Steve and Rebecca said...

How cool!