Tuesday, June 12, 2007

et cetera

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have a gazillion thoughts in my head and I'm just going to blog about all of them until I get sick of it.

First, a question to my fellow bloggers. I've heard of people putting clickers on their blogs to show them who (like from what city) is looking at their blog. Anyone know how to do that?

Next, I am loving Amy Winehouse. She is totally weird, and smokes, and has freakishly skinny legs, and ugly tatts, but I really am seriously loving her music, and I have to admit, her style. Not that I'd ever pull the same look with myself, but sometimes it's just refreshing to see something totally unique, ya know?


Is the rest of the world having totally weird weather? Because New York is. Seriously, it's been like 80 and humid and then randomly it'll get dark and start raining. I wish it would make up its mind.

Brandon and I broke up. It's sad, and also a good thing at the same time. It's for the best for the both of us. The timing, among some other things, weren't right. We're both in agreement on the issue, and both feel good about it. He's so great, and we have such respect and admiration for one another (wow, I sound like a celebrity's rep.) But really, we're on good terms which makes me really happy because he's such a great guy, and a good friend.

Gosh dangit, and I was just starting to like his dog.


I have a confession. I totally read someone's blog religiously and I don't even know her. I found her through a friend and she lives in NYC also and is a dedicated little blogger and I just love reading things about the city. She lives down on the south end of my island, and it's really fun to hear about the great things that go on down there because I rarely make it past midtown. I've noticed a lot of times she blogs just to share what happened in her day, and it's a lot like a journal. I've decided I'm going to do this as well. I'm stating in advance that a lot of it won't be very interesting to the rest of you, but I think this will be good for me. I think I usually blog for the benefit of sharing my life with others, and post things I think other people might want to read about. I'm still going to do this, but I think I'm going to also start blogging for purely selfish reasons, and kind of journal sometimes. I also read about a company that will print off your blog and bind it into a book for really not that much money at all. SO, I figure it will be even better than journaling, in some ways, because I'll have pics. :) So, sorry if my blog is boring at times.

Housing in NYC is seriously out of control. My cute roommate Chelsie moved at the drop of a hat because this PHENOMENAL apartment happened to become availalbe. It's in Lincoln Square literally NEXT DOOR to the temple. It's on 66th street. To give you non-NYers an idea of how spectacular of a location that is.....Times Square is at 42nd street, she lives on 66th, and I'm on 112th. They film Regis and Kelly just across the street (jealous!) and there's also a Starbucks, MAC, Barnes and Noble, a subway stop right in front, a movie theater down the street, and the list goes on and on. Oh yeah, it's a luxury building with a doorman. She's on the 27th floor, it's like a hotel. There's roof access on the 38th floor and the view is UNBELIEVABLE. I'll post pics sometime. Anyway, so a new girl, Sarah, is moving into her spot. Sigh. Another shared room. Sarah seems super easy going and really nice, so that's good. I'll just be over the moon when I can afford to not share a bedroom. (Did I really just say over the moon?) So Chelsie's moving out got me to thinking about moving out. That very day a friend randomly texted me asking if I was looking for a place to live because she was moving out. I was totally stoked because this apartment is also in a great location. WELL, long story short, there was a change in events and I didn't end up getting the spot in that apartment after all. THEN, my other roommate Erin (who has her own room) decided she's moving out at the end of this month. She found a new girl to take her spot. This girl is a friend of Sarah. So on Sunday Sarah, the new girl, and two other girls came over to check the place out. Then they asked me if I cared if a fourth person moved into the apartment (so the private room would become shared.) I'm not exactly excited about this, but the girl who wanted to move in was siting right there, so I just said okay. At least this way my rent will go down $100. I just tell myself it will be money towards my new place because I'll definitely need to have some saved up for a deposit and whatnot. It's nothing personal. The girl seems like a doll. It's just a lot of people and I need my space. So yeah, four girls, two bedrooms, one living area, one tiny kitchen, and one bathroom. Hm. Note to self, remind self daily about the money I'm saving......also remind oneself it's only 2 months.
I'm just kinda bummed because when it was Erin, Chelsie, and me, we were kind of like ships passing in the night at times. Erin gets up really early, I get up a little later, and Chelsie a little later. So it usually worked out great. Never once have I needed to get in the shower when someone else was in there. I'm the type that totally needs alone time (which I'm reveling in at this exact moment) and I just highly doubt there will be a ton of time like this after everyone moves in. Boo.

Next, my nephew is totally getting potty trained and I'm so proud of him! My sister sent the most adorable pics today of him on the potty. I would post them, but maybe she doesn't want pics of her child half naked on the internet. Haha. In lieu of Ryan, I'll post one of my billions.


Also, have I mentioned even though I'm so excited to get into another apartment I'm seriously dreading the search? Don't get me wrong, this apartment really is great for a starter, but I'm ready to move.

Here are some of the things I'm looking for in a new place:
-Better location (closer to midtown)
-Elevator building (or be on a lower floor....no more of this 5th floor walk up)
-Dishwasher
-Own room
-Close to a subway
-Be in the 8th ward boundaries

Those are the (somewhat) neccessities. I'd also love:
-A doorman
-A studio all to myself
-To live on a high floor of highrise building
-Roof access
-Close to an express stop for the subway

Anyway, a girl can dream, right?

Well, I think for now I'll end my post. This has been quite lengthy.

4 comments:

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

you are so cute...you little new yorker "i like a doorman!" so sad to hear about the breakup...but you are taking it really well. are we growing up or what?! seriously!! love you

Steve and Rebecca said...

Hey Rach,
I have never heard of Amy Winehouse...then again I have not heard of most celebrities these days, unless they are on Sesame Street or some cartoon. Wow, so you are getting new roommates and broke up with Brandon?? Changes, Changes!! I hope you find a cool new place like your blog describes. Yes, thanks for not posting Ryan's 1/2 naked pics. He sat on the potty for over an hour yesterday and then 5 minutes after I put his diaper back on, he pooped. So, I went out and bought some of those Pull-Up's training pants. They feel cool when your kid wets them; Ryan didn't seem to care ot even notice. Waste of money I guess...hummm. We did also buy some "sports" themed underwear. I might have to do like Julie did with Ben and let Ryan run naked around the house. There will be many accidents, but hopefully he'll get the idea. I have a feeling this process is going to take a while. Have a Great Day!

Steve and Rebecca said...

By the way, (except for 5 months) I have not had a dish washer for the last 8 years. However, I must say having one would make life a little easier, but I'm not complaining. Steve does the dishes pretty much every night.

k. said...

Okay- yes, my blog is basically my journal. It's sort of like a scrapbook, I guess. I'll publish it once a year I think (August will be one year of blogging for me). There is a company that does it... I have it bookmarked, but only on my laptop @ home... I'll email it to you. :)