Sunday, June 10, 2007

Boston....a less cool New York City

Just kidding!! I LOVE Boston. It has the great feel of the city but not crowded like NYC. Both are great in different ways. KaRyn, Stacy, and I went Friday night and stayed until Sunday around noon. It was drizzly most of the day Saturday but we still had a great time.

China Town phone booth.

This random little hole in the wall diner came extremely highly recommended. It was, well, not that great.


There you go Brad and Nad.

I thought this little husband and wife duck were so cute!! Just hanging out in Boston Commons.

We waited for like 10 years in the rain for our trolly to pick us up for the tour. I tried to make the best out of the bad situation by getting excited over a picture of Jackie O. and JFK.

The U.S.S. Constitution.

The one tall building in Boston. Made me feel like I was home sweet home. :)

Boston's World Trade Center.


We ate at a cute little Irish pub/restaurant called The Black Rose. A lot of the staff were really Irish, I mean, their accents were so thick, I had to ask three different people where the bathroom was because I couldn't understand them.
Stacy ordered the lobster because apparently it's a really big deal in Boston. It really creeped me out. I mean, are the tentacles supposed to still be on like that? Nast.

So a couple weeks ago it was Fleet Week in New York and you couldn't go anywhere without seeing a million sailors. I wanted to get a picture with some but always felt too dumb. Then they all left and I was kind of sad. We saw a few in Boston so I captured the moment. They were really nice and one of them was really cute.


Thanks for posing Stacy. The funny thing is, we weren't the only ones laughing and taking pictures of this poor girl...

The Freedom Trail.

China Town.

These were seriously NASTY. They still had eyeballs.

All ready to go in my new shoes!

In the Marriot lobby. KaRyn and I decided we wanted to go out and experience the night life. A girl at Urban Outfitters directed us to Harvard Square. There were lots of smart hotties!

Dinner at Little Red Restaurant. It was very cute.

I've never been more in love with a pair of shoes.

Cheers!


A fun little joint.

We ate brunch at an adorable little Mexican restaurant. The weather was perfect (finally) so it was so nice to eat outside!

1 comment:

Steve and Rebecca said...

Looks like you had a super fun weekend!! It made me miss Boston! You went to China Town?? That place was scary when we lived there...maybe they have cleaned it up some. That tall "NYC style building" is the John Hancock Building, the tallest in Boston. You went to The Black Rose, very popular Irish pub!! Steve and I got engaged not too far from there, down by the waterfront. I should have told you to eat at Joe's Bar and Grill, it was our favorite restaurant, next trip maybe. That is crazy that you could not even talk on your cell phones on the bus though! Gimme a break! Love ya, Reb