Monday, June 18, 2007

It's a jungle out there...or....a zoo


Walking along Central Park to get to the 2 subway.


So I haven't been to the zoo in honestly, probably 20 years, so I was very excited to go. Supposedly the Bronx Zoo is VERY cool. I was so glad Chelsie had such a great idea. It was a ton of fun!


So the coolest part of the zoo is you can pay just $5 to take a camel ride! You just went around a little circle, but it was still really fun. Those things are SO tall! I felt like I was in biblical times.




You can't really tell, but these things had the gnarliest teeth. We never saw any on top, but the bottom ones laid flat and came almost straight out. I couldn't get over that grill.


My view.






I couldn't stop laughing.


This thing was weird looking. Sorry I couldn't get the face. It was very very shy. It's called Binturong. This shy and solitary carnivore is rarely seen as it lives high in the trees of Asian forests. With a cat-like head and bear-like body it is sometimes called the "bear-cat", but actually is more closely related to mongooses and civets.


Monkey see-monkey do.


This thing was seriously weird looking. It's called a Malayan Tapir. Despite their ungainly lloks, tapirs can gallop through the jungle, scramble up steep slopes, and swim fast-flowing rivers. Shy and rare, they have been observed in the wild by very few people.
It looked like a hippo/ant eater.
























It's me, on a giant pretend ant hill!




I was looking at the giraffes and this little dude just went cruising down the pathway, cutting me off. It scared the heck out of me because I didn't even see it coming! People were chasing after it, trying to get pics.


So cute! A mommy, daddy, and baby!


Hey giraffe, watch out for that phone wire!


A baboon......and some weird looking monkey, hahaha.


Come and knock on our door... Am I the only one that remembers that part from the Three's Company intro?


Cindy, it's the photo from your parents' house!


In the Monkey House there were so many strange looking monkeys.


There were disgusting rats the size of bunnies,


and weird yellow monkeys.


Marcel from Friends! The monkeys were SO hard to photograph because they were so hyper, but this guy was such a ham, seriously posing.


Perspective




Woops, my bad!


Chelsie to the rescue!


Lions...


...and tigers...


...and bears, oh my!


The snow leopard was cool.


Camel toes....hahahaha


Perfect opportunity for a photo shoot!


The camera loves you


You're a tiger!




We were definitely entertainment for the people trying to leave the zoo.


Senior photo.....


This kid just walked up to me and put his foot up on the wall like me, it was hilarious.


When we were walking back to the train we passed by this apartment with these creepy dolls in the window. At first it scared the heck out of us because they looked like little people staring at you at first glance. Creepy.

2 comments:

Steve and Rebecca said...

The zoo looked so fun. Ryan would have loved it!

Rae said...

I know!! I was thinking the whole time how I wished I could take Ryno!