Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another one bites the dust...


So I'm thinking I have to buy a new ipod which is so sad on so many levels. I got my ipod for Christmas a year and a half ago and when I asked for it I really didn't even care whether I got one or not. I got one because I felt like I should because everyone else loved theirs so much. I quickly realized, however, that it completely changed my life. I mean, does anyone else feel like they're in a movie when they're walking around listening to their ipod? I feel like it's the soundtrack to my life or something. Once I moved to NYC I REALLY began to appreciate my little guy. I don't know how people live here without them. You do so much walking and riding on the subway. I mean, imagine not having a radio in your car. Exactly.
SO, imagine my panic when I got on the plane (to fly across the country nonetheless) and for some reason my ipod wouldn't work. When I got back to New York I kind of just left it in my bag hoping it would forget that it had broken, and one morning on my way to work I'd go to listen and I'd hear music to my ears, literally. No such luck. I finally took it to the Apple store (which is SO SWEET by the way) and the guy told me it was officially dead. My heart sunk.
So last night I decided to dock it in its home (the ihome, to be exact) just out of habit, to charge it for the night. This morning I woke up and guess what?? It had miraculously recovered!! Imagine my delight when I could get ready for work listening to my "Best of Billy Joel/Elton John" mix. Well, 5 short songs into it she froze up, and then I had to leave for work.
SOOOO, we'll see what happens. I really really really need to at LEAST get my stuff that's not already in my itunes loaded up so I don't lose, like, my favorite playlists.
The moral of the story is.....I most likely will have to buy a new ipod and I'm very happy to inform you I'll be accepting donations to my ipod fund. Out of the kindness of my heart I will even will allow you to make it a donation/birthday present. (Only 5 more days people.)

No comments: