Thursday, May 24, 2007

Email: Like bleeding to death from a thousand needle pricks


Okay so I saw this little cartoon on another blog and it cracked me up because here in the city people are seriously SO ADDICTED to their blackberrys, or should I said, crackberrys. Seriously, every day when I leave work and I'm in the elevator with everyone else "leaving work" I look around me and everyone's on their crackberry. Waiting for the subway? Crackberry. On family vacation in Mexico? Crackberry. (A specific instance....my boss was emailing me while sitting on the beach. When I reminded him, in a friendly manner-we have that kind of relationship, that he was on vaca and to get back to Margaritaville-he's a big drinker, he said, "I know! Whoever invented blackberrys should be shot!!") Even when people don't want to be emailing, they feel the need. While I don't have a crackberry, I can definitely understand. I'm so addicted to my email it's ridiculous. I mean, who asks if they can check their email at someone else's apartment? (I don't do it everywhere, just Brandon's....and actually come to think of it I don't even ask there, I just do it.)
So there is part of me that wants to get a blackberry because everyone has one and let's face it I get sucked into the trend, but there's an even bigger part of me (for now) that really doesn't feel like adding that leash to my many other addictions.
Anyway, just thought I'd share the cartoon that made me chuckle because it's so true.

No comments: