Sunday, May 13, 2007

Coney Island

Last night I was watching Laguna Beach (embarrassing, I know) and I've always been more of a pool girl than beach, however watching the show made me really miss it. So as ghetto as it was, Coney Island was quite the treat. The sand had random shards of glass in it, but luckily no cuts on our feet. I didn't dare touch the water although I hear it was freezing. It was just nice to be out by the water. The sun felt great and the ocean was beautiful.

View of the little amusement park from the beach. It was so cool to see it because I've heard of it forever and read all about it in The Five People You Meet in Heaven. One day I'll go back and go on the ghetto little rides.

Brandon took my camera to take a picture of just me and I stood there saying, "I don't know how to pose for a photo by myself." And before I could do anything he just took it. It actually turned out alright.


This is me being a brat because again, I had to take a pic alone.




There was this little walkway of rocks that went out into the ocean so we parked it there and soaked up the sun for a bit. It wasn't the most comfortable thing, but the sun was great. It was really nice.

So we kept hearing this guy on a microphone saying, "Come check out the freak! Shoot the freak!" So I'm like, totally expecting a bearded lady or something. Nope, some random dude. You could pay to shoot him with paintball guns, but it was totally lame because he had gear and a shield. However we did see a little gang fight so that made it worth it I suppose.

Apparently they're all about the hot dog eating contests here (see last post.) It kinda reminded me of that Grey's where Alex, Christina, and George have the contest and Christina is eating them 2 at a time. Ha ha ha.

No comments: