Monday, May 14, 2007

Manic Mondays....

It's list time again! Today it's 10 things I've recently discovered I love...
1-Pineapple.
How have I not known about this fruit my whole life? I went to the dang Dole Plantation in Hawaii and totally missed the boat on the pineapple. It is so good I could eat it at every meal.

2-Billy Joel songs.
Another thing I've been missing out on. This guy knows how to write em!

3-Central Park
I love the fact that I live 2 blocks from it. It is so much more amazing that I could have ever anticipated.

4-The sun.
Okay, okay, I've always known that I loved the sun. I live for sunny days. However growing up in sunny southern California really makes a person take these days for granted. I didn't even appreciate them when I lived in Idaho. Finally, it sunk in after I moved here to the Big Apple. I soak up every sunny day and make sure to spend as much time outside as possible. Love it.

5-Sweet and Sour chicken.
Oh how I love you China Man. Yet another thing I've missed out on for 20+ years. (I know, I know, to all my family members and long-time friends who are reading this, I KNOW you've tried to tell me, and I'm sorry. This is why I'm finally trying every new thing. Last night I actually tried RAW sushi. The real stuff. It was nasty.)

6-Piano man.
Although most girls swoon, the whole "guy who can sing and play the piano" has never done much for me.....however let's just say recently I've been exposed to it in a different light and, basically, now I can't get enough of it.

7-Walking.
Kind of lame that I'm just figuring these things out. I just grew up in an environment where you drive everywhere, so I got used to it. Even in little Rexburg I scoffed at the idea of walking anywhere. Why walk when you can drive? Now that I don't have a car and it's subway (too stuffy and dirty) taxi (too expensive) or bus (too confusing) I generally opt for walking. Okay not always because sometimes you just need to get there or you're in a hurry or something. But when I can, I thoroughly enjoy it and you'll often hear me saying, "It's only 18 blocks." (Actually just this weekend I told some tourists, "It's just 19 blocks north." They looked at me in disgust and asked where a subway was.)

8-Volleyball.
Sooo, I liked this growing up, but I've really taken a liking to it lately (even though I'm not good) since we've been playing Thursday nights. I haven't been in a couple weeks due to a more hectic schedule, but I still thoroughly enjoy it and look forward to it. It's always a good time.

9-Purell Hand Sanitizer.
I know I already blogged about it, but you don't understand. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! I have a bottle on me at all times.

10-Boutiques.
So KaRyn pointed out this weekend that I'm totally a boutique shopper. I never realized it, but it's so true. On our little shopping excursion to Brooklyn we found a couple boutiques and she wound up waiting for me in every one. We finally hit this HUGE Century 21 and when we walked in the door I looked around at the size, got completely overwhelmed, and immediately wanted to walk out. Luckily, I'm a true shopper and found a few things despite my anxiety. But for future reference, give me no name boutiques or expect some serious complaining.

No comments: