Sunday, May 6, 2007

Greg Behrendt is a genious


Soooo, this has nothing to do with what's currently going on in my life right now, however I just finished the best book ever He's Just Not That Into You. It was so good I needed to blog about it to share the my feelings about how phenomenal it is. I saw the Sex and the City episode where the line originated, and saw Greg on Oprah and thought he was great. I've heard from lots of people the book is really good. HOWEVER, I was like, so skeptical. I mean, it seemed like Greg's answer to EVERY dating scenario any female was unhappy with was, "He's just not that into you." Like, how can you write a WHOLE book on that? Anyway, it's a long story of what convinced me to read it, but I read it. After the first chapter nothing had changed in my mind, after the second chapter I was like, "Eh, it's alright." By the third, I was sold. I was kind of embarrassed to read this book in public, (95% of my reading happens on the subway) because I felt like people were looking at me like, "Oh, that poor girl, she's obsessed with some guy but he's not into her and she is so pathetic that she has to read a book to understand why she's so lame." However, I got over it, read it, and loved it. You should ALL read it, and if you're a dude, you should recommend it to your girl friends. It's all the things we already know, but for some reason, Greg just shines a new light on things. Very empowering.

No comments: