Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A hundy....

100 Strange but True facts about me
1-I don't know hardly anything about politics but I take pride in voting.

2-I absolutely love BYU-Idaho and pray my kids will go there some day.

3-Cheerleading was my life in high school.
4-I love watching tv shows on dvd.
5-I would give almost anything to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune, Family Feud, or Jeopardy (the kid version because let's face it, I'm not that smart.)
6-I love games-card games, board games, and mostly just fun interactive games.

7-Sometimes I don't blame Brit for shaving her head. Hair is so much maintainance and it would seriously shave off (no pun intended) like 80% of my getting ready time.

8-I really wish I could hang out with Oprah and Gail.

9-A coast-to-coast roadtrip with girlfriends sounds like so much fun.
10-I really really want to ride in a hot air balloon before I die.
11-I love sending cards and care packages to people.
12-I've seen all my favorite artists/groups live: Dixie Chicks (twice), Coldplay, U2, Madonna (twice), and the Killers.

13-I wish I could develop a magical power that would allow me to levitate for 24 straight hours because I'd get to see the whole world pass me by (okay, just along one degree of latitude, but still.)
14-No one melts my heart like my nephew Ryan

even when he's being a brat.

15-My top 5 celebrities I'd put on my freebie card are #1 Jack Bauer (yes, he's a fictional character, but he still gets the #1 spot because he's just THAT amazing) and the rest in no particular order:

Brad Pitt

George Clooney

Dennis Quaid

Matthew McConnaughey circa Wedding Planner BEFORE he got all popular and started being photographed daily working out topless on the beach

AND the honorable mention goes to my guy Jack Nicholson.

16-I have a goal to visit every United State.
17-I like to go to Barnes and Noble and look at all the books and wish I could buy them all, but I'm not really a huge reader. (But my favorite book is The Pact....I could read it over and over.)

18-I believe celebrity gossip knowledge is not useless. It gets you just as far as sports trivia.
19-I don't know much about cars, but when I see a really nice one I still drool over it.

20-Everyone gets annoyed but one of my favorite things in life is having my whole family together around the dinner table when everyone's trying to talk louder than the person next to them, and no one's listening, and sometimes we just laugh hysterically.

21-The question game has been banned at my house because we always wind up opening old wounds and hurting others' feelings.
22-I really really miss my old dog Taffy.
23-I'm so blessed with so many exceptional people in my life.

24-I don't care how poor I get, I will never buy bag cereal; I don't care if that makes me look like a snob (and I don't judge others who do....it's just a thing I have.)
25-I'm surprised at how much I don't miss having a car, but I do love my little Cinco and hope her new owner is good to her.

26-I don't know how people live in New York City without an ipod.
27- My favorite TV shows are: 24

Grey's Anatomy

The Office

and Best Week Ever

28-I miss my college friends so much and can't stand the fact that we don't all live in the same building anymore, but now we're all in different states.

29-I miss the days where my biggest concern was whether my best friend Cindy and I would play at my house or her's.
30-Even though FRIENDS has been off the air since 2004, it'll always be my all time favorite show. I still can't watch some episodes without crying like the one where Ross and Rachel break up for the first time, or when Monica and Chandler get engaged.

31-I'm so proud of myself for developing more courage to kill spiders.

32-I think everyone could benefit from therapy at one point or another in their lives.
33-I'm obsessed with checking postsecret.com weekly and foundmagazine.com daily.

34-I have irregular breathing patterns and if you spend enough time around me you'll notice.
35-I miss the days of being addicted to Dr. Pepper. Diet Coke makes me feel like an overweight, middle-aged, mom showing up late to her son Timmy's soccer game because she had to pull through the drive through and get a 64-ouncer.

36-I know it's so cliche but I really do want to adopt an African baby.

37-I really wish I was a wordsmith.
38-I hope my parents never move out of their house on Jasper Hill Road. I love that house and have so many memories there.

39-I think Juliet Lewis is the most HIDEOUS celebrity. (Jules, if you're reading this, sorry....if it makes you feel any better most people don't know where I get that from.)

40-I seriously adore my siblings' spouses. I couldn't have handpicked them any better.

41-I hate clutter but I'm too lazy to keep my apartment clutter-free all the time, and I hate that about myself.
42-I really REALLY want a hot pair of black Christian Louboutin red-soled heels.

43-Looking at the subway ads really DOES make me want a Bahamavention.

44-Knowing all the words to a song makes me feel really cool.
45-I can't explain how much I miss going to Danny's after midnight and playing cards till 4am, and then ending the evening driving around the Ridge in Toni's truck Alvie, blaring "Stilletos" and honking the horn, then walking into our seperate apartments and one of us would always say, "Meet me at the Ridge!" And the other would follow with, "Dot com!"

46-Few things get me angry like playing the movie game with Brandon and always losing.
47-I love post-it notes so much.
48-I really wish I could be a cutesy interior decorator like every other girl, but I'm just not. For some reason I'm lacking that gene.

49-I miss having "spend overs" with Chelse in our front room.

50-I really really miss the Fab 4 and apartment 303 1/2.
51-I would give anything to break the obnoxious habit of cracking my knuckles (and every other joint in my body.)
52-I will never understand why people start smoking.

53-I would kill for KaRyn's studio apartment.

54-Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined I'd love living in New York as much as I do (and I was expecting it to be AWESOME....it's just THAT much better.)
55-I wish I would have been more confident in high school and would have just been friends with everyone.
56-I wish I was dedicated like I used to be when I'd be at the gym by 5am before work.
57-I think Kelly Ripa is one of the most adorable creatures to ever walk the planet.

58-One of my favorite college memories is Tuesdays at 2 lunch dates with Shantay. We'd show up at Gringo's and they'd seat us in our favorite server Michelle's section. They wouldn't even bring us menus because they just knew us there. Michelle would show up with my Dr. Pepper and Shantay's water, chips (both tortilla AND flour) and my mild salsa and Shantay's medium. Then she'd bring us our bean and cheese burritos a la cart. Then we'd dish and share all our juicy stories. Then, she'd bring us our checks, separated of course, and my Dr. Pepper in a to-go cup.

59-The lines on my left hand are extremely rare. Long story I'll tell you in person.
60-As lame as this sounds, sometimes I imagine what Us Weekly would publish about me if I was famous.

61-I know, I know, it's NOT the most important thing in the world, but I can't help it-I LOVE big diamond rings. (Give me a break, it's not like I'm demanding it or wouldn't be happy with a tiny one.....everyone's got their preference.)

62-There is no ice cream better than Baskin Robins Cookie Dough.
63-I love going to movie buffets.
64-I rarely use absolutes like "always" and "never" when I'm being really serious.
65-I miss the days when I was good at basketball.
66-My short-term memory is lacking, but besides that I have a really good memory, especially when it comes to strange little details.
67-I REALLY miss the days when Nick-at-Night only played shows like I Love Lucy, Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke, and Mary Tyler Moore.

68-I used to love scary movies but now, for the most part, I hate them.
69-I will always feel a deep unfriendly rivalry towards Santa Margarita cheerleaders.
70-I'm sorry but Will Ferrel and Conan O'Brian are not funny. And while, yes, Ellen sometimes is, I just don't get the hype. She's not HILARIOUS. And I don’t care if I spelled any of their names wrong.
71-I want to dine in the Rainbow Room, just once.

72-I get kind of annoyed when I ask people about their weekend and I listen to them tell me all about it, and then they walk away without asking me.
73-I feel like I should be allowed to register for apartment stuff and send out "I'm single" announcements since I had to buy all my friends stuff when they got married in college. They don't have to start off their "grown up" life empty handed, why should I?
74-If I had it my way it'd be sunny and 75 degrees 365 days of the year. Seasons-shmeasons.
75-It drove me nuts in college when servers complained about their jobs. A-you're making so much more money than everyone else working in Idaho, even when you do get stiffed, and B-no one's forcing you to work at a restaurant.
76-I wish my mom could cook for me every meal of every day. She's the best.

77-I really hope I can get lasik eye surgery, and sooner rather than later.
78-You know what? I hated Lord of the Rings.
79-One of the saddest days of my life was the day Cindy got married. (Purely for selfish reasons. Let it be known I absolutely adore her husband Jake and have always been so happy that she's happy.)

80-I'm not a fan of dogs that shed or are hyper.
81-I miss the days when my cousins and I were pen pals.
82-I miss living only a couple blocks from my grandparents in Rexburg.

83-I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies. I'm not against them, I've just never seen them.
84-I'll never get over the fact that Shantay and I were both born on June 4, 1983, and how scary it is that we are so alike. Seriously, twinners. I love my wifey.

85-I loved that show Quantum Leap.


86-I want to go back to the days when I'd visit Jason and Elise in Provo and Elise and I would get so excited about our new MAC purchases and Jason would say, "Can you guys go talk about your makeup over there?"


87-I love the fact that Brad and Nadia and I are in the same time zone. I really need to make a trip to Bean Town.

88-I love my down comforter more than I could possibly explain.
89-I love playing checkers with my dad, even though he always wins.

90-I love watching Sex and the City reruns on TBS, and I've always had the biggest crush on Big.

91-I wish I could wear jeans every day. That would be sweet.

92-I'm a really big snoop (consider yourself warned!)
93-I always get that part of "My Humps" stuck in my head that goes, "...Dolce and Gabanna, Fendi and then Donna Karen, they be sharin' all they money got me wearin' fly gear but I ain't askin', they say they love my ____ in 7 jeans, True Religion, I say no but they keep givin', so I keep on takin', but no I ain't takin', we can keep on datin', I keep on demonstratin' my love, my love my love my love..."
94-I totally don't feel guilty about burning CDs and DVDs and pirating music, but I feel guilty about not feeling guilty.
95-When people are crouched down on their haunches it takes everything in me not to give them a good nudge because they'd fall over so easily.....and seeing people fall is, like, the funniest thing to me.
96-In college sometimes we'd play this game called, "The Worst Roadtrip." You'd have to imagine you were in a car, like a Suburban or something. You're sitting in the middle row in the middle seat. Now you have to think up the worst possible scenario of what seven people could be riding in that car with you....and assign their seats. You don't get your ipod or dvd player or snacks. Oh yeah, and no AC. It was pretty fun.
97-I'm allergic to random fruits and veggies like watermelon and carrots. So sad because I actually like those (and if you know me you know how picky of an eater I am. But I'm getting better!!)
98-Even though I've never watched "Dallas", I really do want to know who shot JR.
99-It makes me sad that when I say, "Good times, noodle salad" no one knows which moving I'm referencing.

100-When I'm really happy I like to sing, loudly, and it's so hard for me not to do this while I'm in the subway listening to my ipod (this goes for dancing as well.)

4 comments:

katherine said...

I'm surprised Bono didn't make your list!

Rae said...

Hahaha, you know, I DO LOVE Bono. It's a tough call, there were many runners up.

Anonymous said...

So NOW you tell me you're a snoop. I want my own room. With a lock. That requires my fangerprint to open it.

Ang said...

That was fun Rach. I'm just bummed you didn't mention becoming best friends with me! Did you forget? It must be too long past. Ang