Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm in a New York state of mind

So I'm sitting in my living room watching game 3 of the Nets vs the Cavs hoping the Nets can pull through so they don't have to make NBA history and I decided I'd post a whole bunch of random photos from various things.......kind of a shmorgasboard (yes, I hate that word too) of my life the last couple weeks....

My restaurant over in the theater district....need to eat there sometime!

So I was doing what I always do during lunch, sitting in the park, and noticed a few people looking up. I looked up and noticed a plane writing something in the sky. I have no clue what it ended up saying because it took too long, but I still thought it was cool one plane could write something out like that all by itself....never seen that....

So I keep trying to explain to everyone how crowded it is here on nice days, but I really just can't explain it. This is Bryant Park where I go every day. It's like this almost everywhere. And Central Park on the weekends? Don't even get me started....


Empire State Building. Love it.

So I thought southern California was the only place in the US that celebrated Cinco de Mayo....apparently not.....this little parade was outside my apartment.


Last Saturday it was GORGEOUS. KaRyn, her lawyer friend Scott, and I had a nice walk through Central Park.

I'm like, dying to go on a horse-drawn carriage ride through the park. Hmmm, date idea perhaps?

We'd just been talking about what kind of job we could get that we wouldn't mind going to....hmm.....this guy's job looks pretty chill.

Sheep's Meadow. Everyone, I mean EVERYone was in the park that day.

Please notice the little row boats in the lake. Hmm, even better date idea. It's only $12/hour. I'm dying to do it. How romantic right?

Yes, that is a wizard just chillin there. Seriously, like, I don't know what he was doing...there was no one else like him around, he wasn't putting on a show. Just hanging out. Definitely one of those "Only in New York, kids, only in New York" moments.

KaRyn and I thought this would be a very scenic photo....didn't really turn out that great, but this tree had gorgeous pink blossums.

The tulips around the city are seriously gorgeous.

This is the bridge Brittany Murphy jumps off of in Uptown Girls. Later that day I saw Spidey 3 and there's a scene between Peter Parker and MJ on this bridge also....I won't tell you what happens....

Brandon and I were walking towards Times Square to see Spidey 3 and there was the most gorgeous sunset in between the buildings. The pics doesn't show it very well. It reminded me of my days in Idaho where the skies are so beautiful.

This is what you'll find me doing every weekday betwee 8-8:30am on the B train.

KaRyn and I went to Brooklyn today to check out some shops. We went to Bayridge to be exact. I kind of reminded me of downtown Idaho Falls. A bunch of random shops, and the kind of place that seemed like everyone knew everyone. We were walking by some adorable brownstone walkups and KaRyn noticed a few cars parked a little TOO close together. Notice the Jersey plates. Go back to your side of the bridge.

The cute brownstones.

KaRyn thought this motorcycle with the little sidecar was so cute. Haha.

Saw this flier on a window on some store. It cracked me up.

I met KaRyn at Grand Central Station and had a great view of one of my favorite sights. I love how the needle pierces the sky. While we were in Brooklyn we also had a great view of one of my other favorite sights, the Brooklyn Bridge, but we forgot to take a picture. I still need to walk across it.

No comments: