Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bon Anniversaire


Last Wednesday I had my one year anniversary with HSBC.  Before this job the longest I'd been anywhere was about 6 months so I think this is quite the accomplishment.  (I guess the fact that my life isn't constantly being interrupted by cheerleading and college probably helps?)
Anyway, as I was walking from Cosi back to work I happened to walk right where I'd stood exactly one year prior, while I talked on the phone to my dad about how my head was spinning, I was in way too deep, and had no idea what I was doing.  (I'm sure this all sounds really dumb considering I book travel, arrange meetings, and basically just make sure my boss stays on schedule.)  However at the time I was so caught up (and still kind of am) in the trader jargon and just felt like they'd completely hired the wrong person.  I'd only ever worked for small companies, and now here I was, feeling totally lost, working for the largest corporation in the world.
As my dad always does, he calmed me down and helped me sort through what was important to worry about and what I could deal with later.
Now here I am, one year later and I'm still completely lost in the world of Wall Street, however I've got the assisting thing pretty much down, have met some of my favorite New Yorkers, and work for the absolute best boss in the world.
Thank you HSBC.  

1 comment:

diana lillefloren said...

Do you think your wonderful boss could get me a discount on my mortgage? It's with HSBC.......