Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All growed up


I (almost) never take a lunch break.  At work we always just grab something and eat at our desks.  Since I usually pick up lunch for my fabulous boss John he's come to realize what a picky eater I am.  Last week he decided he wanted to get me cultured, so he's been picking different cuisines and then choosing a dish he thinks I'll like.  (Hey, he's buying so I'm not complaining.)  
Yesterday it was Thai food.  I can't remember the name of what I had, some sort of chicken with like, peanuts and bean sprouts, and noodles.  Eh.  It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't request to get it again.
The super exciting news though, is that last Friday it was Indian food.  Our token Indian trader called up a great takeout place and placed our order while speaking Hindu.  It was awesome.  Again, I don't remember the name of the dish, but I guess it's supposed to be one of the most mild (but my mouth was still on fire!)  But guess what?  I totally loved it!!!!  I want to get it again.
Next up is fulaffels.....or however you spell it.  All the guys on the desk are especially loving this experiment seeing as how John usually gets them lunch as well.  Stay tuned...

5 comments:

paintingyoupretty said...

Ok, so I am extremely picky when it comes to food and sometimes when I go out to lunch with people that matter (like my trainer at stila) I just nod my head like I eat that sort of food all the time when I really never eat it but I'm too embarassed to admit that I'm so plain and picky. My old boss was as picky as I was so we used to both order the same types of food with the same exceptions. It was great!

meggan said...

Indian food is my favorite thing in the world, I am jealous that you've conned someone into buying it for you. Bon appetit!

nerak said...

Falafel is definitely something I've fallen in love with, courtesy of street carts in NYC! Or Bread and Olive on 45th btwn 5th and 6th has really great falafel (and other middle eastern type food).

brenna said...

I'm a little bit obsessed with Indian food. I'm glad you've seen the light :)

elise said...

Pad Thai. That is what you had from the thai place. It is my fav...next time you are in SD I'll take you to our favorite restaurant and your tastebuds will be forever changed.

I actually don't care for Indian food. Except for the naan.