Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Springer time in New York

There really is nothing like spring time in New York.  Growing up in California I really never appreciated the weather, and for whatever reason, I really didn't appreciate it when I was in Rexburg either.  HOWEVER, that's all changed.  Seven long months of rainy winter (seriously, El Nino style) and three disgustinly humid months of summer leave just a little time for a fabulous spring and fall.
After much pleading and prayer, spring has FINALLY sprung!!  I feel like last Thursday it became official.  It got up to 68.  I didn't take a coat to work.  I ate lunch outside.  I wore sunglasses.  And when I got home?  There was nothing that sounded more appealing than blogging on my roof.  Unfortunately I couldn't get a signal, so I just watched a little SATC with the help of Zac and enjoyed the great weather, some amazing chocolate covered raisons from Costco, and the sun setting over the Hudson (oh yeah, and Mr. Big.)

The view

Love those ferry boats.  They remind me of McDreamy.

The roof.

Yes, you're seeing that right, Rainbows and a tank.  Nothing better.

4 comments:

nerak said...

I spent 5 hours walking through the West Village and Soho on Saturday. There's nothing better than enjoying the spring weather and cute neighborhoods so much that you think you might cry. LOVE IT. This is making it really hard for me to leave.

nerak said...

And I think roof access is basically heaven.

Ruth said...

WOW Rachel!! What an incredible view you have. It's breath-taking. I'd be up there all the time!!! That's very cool!!

Shannon said...

I'm gonna go ahead and say that's a slightly better view than our place in SLC!