Monday, April 7, 2008

Almost fifty and always fabulous

So I downloaded the new Madonna + Justin Timberlake + Timbaland song this morning and I love it.  
Some people like to hate on Madonna, but I'm here to list just a few of the reasons why Madge is fab:
  • Helllllloooooo, have you seen her body?  And she's about to turn 50. People like to claim she's had sooo much plastic surgery and blah blah blah, and maybe she's had a little something done here and there, but have you seen her dance?  Have you seen the ridiculous yoga poses she can contort her body into?  I don't care how good a plastic surgeon is; I've seen her work it out at two concerts.  She deserves that rockin bod.
  • She's been around for, oh, I don't know, like 30 years?
  • She's conquered the world of music, been in movies, written books, done charity work, etc etc etc.  And don't say her movies are flops.  Remember A League of Their Own?  Classic. Dick Tracy?  Loved it.
  • She's collaborated with other amazing talent such as B. Spears.
So yes, she may have said New York is not "what it used to be" and offended the whole city, but I'm over it.  Madonna, keep on dancing, keep on working it, keep on bringing us the the great music.

3 comments:

meggan said...

I am beyond thrilled that you share my admiration for two of the greatest females our generation has known, the Britney and the Madonna.

Maria said...

I totally agree - I would love to see her perform one day.

Jamie said...

i completely agree...what's not to love?!