Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tell me that ain't insecur....


It was two years and two weeks ago from last Sunday that four of my college best friends and I were here in the lovely city I now call home  on our spring break from BYU-I.  We had the best time in the jam packed four days we spent here.  We did all things tourist, went to a movie promotional party where we saw Mandy Moore and Billy Crudup, walked a ton, met some cool new friends, stayed at the Waldorf Astoria, walked a ton, got faux-designer bags on Canal, walked a ton, spotted Julia Roberts, got very little sleep, walked a ton, and had the best time.  
Last Sunday I was sitting in the chapel waiting for my ward to start when I heard one of the members of the bishopric talking to five cute girls, who were out visiting for a week, from BYU-Idaho.  I couldn't help but reminisce about the great memories I made during my trip.  I talked to the girls for a couple minutes, two were from California, three from Rexburg.  They were adorable.  
After going back to my seat I looked at the girls for a few more minutes.  I couldn't help but think, "Ah so young, with their whole lives ahead of them"  I know, I know, I'm not exactly 75 years old, but still, there's just something about the naivete that comes along with still being in the college bubble, before you're thrown (whether you want to or not) into "the real world."  I wanted to tell those girls to cherish the times they have with their friends, because before they know it they'll all be living in different corners of the states (or further) and it will never be the same.  Man, I miss my girlfriends.
Good times.

3 comments:

nerak said...

I'm desperately jealous that you spotted Julia Roberts. And totally agree on missing my college girlfriends... You just wait for the reunions at weddings. :)

Toni said...

Girl, I can't believe it has been 2 years and counting!! I think almost daily of how much I took advantage of my college "glory days"... Man were those the days or what. Thanks for the shout out of our trip on your blog. I still can't believe you are a New Yorker! That's impressive.

shantayl said...

I cannot believe its has been two years either. remember how many freakin knock offs we bought and were all so proud? ha ha! SO fun, glad we have the pics for good ol memories!