Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You know you're a seasoned New Yorker when

you don't even make the effort to make the easy 10 block walk from work to see the Rockefeller Christmas tree because you don't feel like dealing with the crowds.
I finally saw it last Friday when I headed to Rock Center because I wanted to treat myself to something at Anthropologie.  And even then, I didn't even notice it until I was about 15 yards away.  Maybe I was really grumpy and more focused on wondering why all the tourists seemed to be gathering right in front of where I was trying to walk.
Oh.  Got it, the tree.
Woops.  I may have been a bit of a scrooge this year....

1 comment:

elise said...

what did you get at anthropologie?

and i don't know if the tree in chicago was real or fake. i didn't even think to check!