Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bodies the Exhibit

After hearing how awesome this exhibit is for the last two years I finally went and saw for myself.  Let me tell you, it definitely did not disappoint!  It was honestly so interesting, and my only regret is that I didn't allow for more time.  I went at 8:30 and it closed at 10 so I had to rush through the last couple rooms, which were some of the most interesting to me.  These rooms included the reproductive organs, and different periods of pregnancy.
It really was so incredibly fascinating to learn so much about all the different parts of the body.  It's amazing how much happens in our body that we just never think about.  I kept wondering how anyone could see this and not believe in God.  Everything is so intricate.
Considering I was the only person at the exhibit for a lot of my time there, it was a little creepy at first (especially when my phone started buzzing- scared the heck out of me!)  It's dark, and quiet, and I was just so focused.  However, the "creepiness" fades very quickly.  It's just so fascinating.
I'd highly recommend going if you're in the city, especially because this is the last year it will be here.  I know it goes on tour to other cities so I'd definitely recommend going if it comes to your town!

10 comments:

maggie said...

I saw this a couple years ago when it came here. It was interesting, and you are right. Creepy, as it was so quiet!

Suman Family said...

we saw this too when it was in l.a. a while back. sooo cool. i totally recommend it too.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I think we missed this when it came to Dallas, but I'll have to look again. Mom and Grandma went and saw it over Christmas and raved about it. Sounds like such an amazing exhibit.

brenna said...

My family went to the one that is in Salt Lake right now. Not going to lie, I was skeptical, but it was definitely a great experience. I thought the part with the babies was super interesting, I can't believe how quickly they look like little humans. It makes me wonder how people their lives dont' matter.

Michelle said...

There is a museum in Denver that is similar to that. It is pretty amazing.

Marcus and Amy said...

We saw it in Vegas. Really cool. It was really interesting too see and it was just here is SLC, but I never got around to going and now its gone. But I totally would see it again!

Shannon said...

I agree, it was definitely a little creepy at first but fascinating at the end. We loved it! And what a great way for medical students to learn...

Brad Hope said...

I hate to say I told you so, but......

glad you enjoyed it

Steve and Rebecca said...

Cool!! I think it's coming to Balboa Park in San Diego in Feb or March.

Monica and Stephen said...

I went and saw it when it was here. It is amazing. I loved the different periods of pregnancy. That was my favorite. I am glad you enjoyed it.