Wednesday, January 28, 2009

2008 Introspection

I stole this from Meggan. I love the idea.

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went skydiving.

Did anyone close to you pass away?
Thankfully, no.

What countries did you visit?
:(  Sadly none.  But that's changing this year!!

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
My own apartment (dreaming big.)  More realistically, a busier schedule that keeps me motivated and interested.

What was your biggest personal achievement of the year?
Getting out of debt.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope.

What was the best thing you bought?
It's gotta be my watch.  I love it so much, and I've never worn something that got so many compliments, even from complete strangers.

Who did you have the most fun with?
Curtis

Where did most of your money go?
Uncle Sam, rent

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting a new niece, moving into a place with my own room

What songs will always remind you of 2008?
4 Minutes by Madonna and Justin Timberlake, Too Late to Apologize by One Republic, Disturbia by Rihanna, The Way I Are by Timbaland, Feedback by Janet Jackson, Gimme More by Britney Spears, You Are The One by Shiny Toy Guns

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spend money, stress/worry, make the same mistakes over and over again, waste time, miss opportunities, doubt myself, have petty relationship arguments (especially the same ones, over and over and over again), lose balance in my life, focus on things out of my control.

What was your favorite TV program?
The Amazing Race

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.  I don't hate anyone, and don't believe I did last year.

What was the best book you read?
It wasn't the most productive year, literary-wise, but maybe The Secret Life of Bees.  I really loved that book.

What was your favorite film of this year?
That's tough.  It's always easier to remember the more recent ones.  I can't pick a favorite, but the following stick out in my mind as movies I really loved: Juno, Defiance, Seven Pounds, Batman, There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, Sex and the City, Michael Clayton.

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
Gosh, it was more like a birthday week.  Pretty much every year I do a low key dinner, but this year just happened to be different.  It started off at midnight with longboarding and a milkshake with Curtis at Charlie's, and then that night we had dinner at one of our favorite mexican restaurants, and then meeting up with Chels, Court, Jac, and Maria for dessert at Max Brenner: Chocolate by the Bald Man, followed by an impromptu dance party.  Then that weekend Rachel, Gina, and Rach's doggy Pepper came down from Boston and Chelsie, Jaclyn, Rachel, and I went skydiving by the Hamptons on Saturday and then the rooftop dance party that night to celebrate my, Chelsie's, and Maria's birthdays (since they all fall within a week), and sleeping all day Sunday.  Best birthday of my life.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Hm, a lot of solid colors, comfy clothes, leggings, skirts, jeans, tunics....these are my favorites.

What kept you sane?
Very good friends.

When you think about 2008 what sticks out in your mind?
A relationship, considering it consumed most of my time, energy, and focus.

2 comments:

melissa said...

excuse me excuse me.. what is your watch??

meggan said...

I kept forgetting what really happened in 2008. Apparently the past 5 years are all a blur for me...