Saturday, January 31, 2009

T-1 day...

...until I eliminate soda from my diet.  I know right?  Who woulda thunk it.  My boss is going on three week break from alcohol and he said to be supportive I had to give up caffeine.  At first my reaction was your typical "psh."  And then I decided to go for it, and while I was at it, might as well just make it soda all together.  My dad gave up caffeine a few years back and he never quit craving it.  I think it's because he still drinks soda.  I never would have thought I'd actually give this up, but I'm going for it (and I got my dad on board too.  The rest of my family scoffed at me...apparently addiction runs in the family.)
I have to say it will definitely be the most difficult to refrain in the morning, and when I eat mexican food, mac and cheese, or any salty treat.  
Let's face it, this is going to suck.
But 2009 is the year for betterment for me, so...........here's to sucking down a 12 pack on Superbowl Sunday and getting myself sick so I never crave it again.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

wow, you are a brave one! i don't think i could live without my diet coke. good luck!

maggie said...

Good luck! I couldn't do it. I tried cutting down the daily dose of diet coke, and that was hard! Good job for you!