Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve this year was so fun.  I normally am not a huge fan of New Year's.  In my opinion, it's totally overrated.  It gets so built up, and usually is just not as cool as the hype.  Oh yeah, not to mention if you don't have a date, it's not that cool.
My flight back to New York was supposed to have gotten in at 10:15 pm on the 30th, however due to an engine problem that came up mid flight, we ended up landing in Vegas and hanging out for four hours while we waited for a new plane.  We ended up getting into JFK at 3 am, and I was home by 4 am (and then proceeded to get yelled at by the cab driver who thought my tip wasn't big enough.  Seriously???  Like, he was yelling at me in front of my building.  You better believe I got back in his face, and reported him, like any good New Yorker would.)
Needless to say I was so glad I'd taken the 31st off, and slept the day away.
Mike, Greg, and I met up at one of my favorite mexican restaurants, Harry's Burritos, for dinner and to figure out the plan.  It was exceptionally cold that night, and I just wasn't feeling up to doing much.  (Seriously, I don't think I've ever been out in such cold weather.  It turned out New Year's Day was the coldest we've had in six years.)
Greg talked us into going to the progressive party on the Upper West Side, and I'm so glad he did.  We ended up having such a blast!
The first stop was at Tony's apartment.  It was a smaller, more chill group.


With Dan


Mikey Perkey


BFF Greggy

The next stop was Peter's apartment.  I was so stoked when I got here because all my downtown peeps were there, and there was dancing!  (A staple for any good party if you ask me.)


The typical party scene.


Getting down with Libster.


Maybe one of my favorite photos from the night; with Anita, Libby, and Heidi.

The last apartment was where we hung out for about fifteen minutes and watched Dick Clark and the ball drop, and then, of course, more dancing.


Heids and Ashley


With Steveo

Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

elise said...

fun, fun!

cute headband.

paintingyoupretty said...

you look so cute!

meggan said...

I love that you are a "dance with your arm in the air" kind of gal...I feel like you and I would get along just fine on the dancefloor!

melissa said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm harry burritos... delish

Steve and Rebecca said...

Looks like a true mormon singles New Years Party!