Thursday, November 15, 2007

Postsecret



One of the links on the side of my blog is for Postsecret.
My friend Tyler introduced me to Postsecret about a year and a half ago.  It's something created by a man named Frank Warren.  He started it about three years ago.  People make post cards with something creative, and also sharing a secret they have.  Frank has put out a few books compiled of postsecrets, and also has the website where he puts 20 new secrets up every Sunday.  When I tell people I'm really into this, sometimes they think I'm really strange.  Maybe it's my psychology-degree mind, but I just find the emotional layers of other human beings fascinating.  A lot of the secrets are tragic and sad, but there's also funny ones, and others that are inspiring.  It's neat to learn stories that have unfolded because of someone anonymously sharing their secret with Frank, and the world.
Frank came to a Barnes and Noble in Brooklyn for a lecture and book signing.  I went to it and loved every minute of it.

No comments: