Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's Christmas time in New York

So as I'd mentioned in my last post, I did a lot of window shopping over Thanksgiving weekend.  The pictures obviously don't do justice, but these displays really were gorgeous.
This first one is at Lord and Taylor.  They had a bunch of different windows showing Christmas in all different parts of the world.  The displays were so intricate and beautiful.

This one's in Venice.
This is inside Lord and Taylor.  Gorgeous.
L&T
L&T
L&T  This one is in France.
L&T
L&T
Outside view of Lord & Taylor.  This store is just on the next block from my work so I see this every night as I leave the office.
The windows at Saks 5th Ave were really cool.  They told a story as you walked down and looked at each one, which was narrated by Marlo Thomas.
More Saks.
Saks
The tree at Rockefeller Center.  Not quite ready to be lit up just yet!
The ice skaters at Rockefeller Center.  I want to do this!
Random car that drove by with all these creepy Santas...please note the one in the trunk.  Only in New York, kids....
I wanna say this is Bergdorf Goodman, but I can't remember...

Giant snowflake near Tiffany and Co.
Bloomingdales.  Mike thought I should at least be in one picture.
Barney's had the coolest windows.  The theme was a green Christmas.  


Everything in this display was made of aluminum cans.
All the green celebs, including Prince Charles, Darryl Hannah, Bette Midler, George Clooney, Bono, etc.
This pic so doesn't do justice.  This was the world and the buildings all over were made from perfume boxes and different things.  Everything was recyclable.  Is that a word?  Anyway, it was really cute and creative.

6 comments:

Suman Family said...

Ah! I love Christmas in NYC! I miss the east during this time of the year. I love going to the parade and I love going window hopping. The Rockefeller tree is from my home town in CT this year! Anyways, I am glad that you are enjoying your time there. Keep posting so I can relive the memories through you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures Rachel!! I hope you are making of book of your blog posts.

Rae said...

I will! Hello Sassy Sister-introduce yourself!

elise said...

WOW! I love the one of the lights outside Lord & Taylor, the white squares. So pretty.

Ever since the first time I saw the ice skating rink in Rockefeller Center, I have always wanted to do that. It is on my list of things to do before I die {not really, I don't have a list...but if I did...}. They put up a little ice skating rink at the outdoor mall just a few blocks from our house. It doesn't have the same appeal as yours, especially since the ice always looks like it is melting.

Ang said...

What a fun time to be living in NY. You must be in Heaven. Did you say you're going home for Christmas?

Rae said...

I'm definitely in Heaven Ang.
Yes, I'm going to California in a couple weeks for ten days.