Sunday, March 2, 2008

The weekend

This weekend my cousins Adrienne, Jacey, and Shawna came into town.  It was so great to see these girls.  Friday night I met up with them after work.  They really wanted to go to dinner at Jekyll and Hyde.  Nothing like a $33 dinner for a chicken caesar and Diet Coke.  The tourist restaurants will getcha every time.  But it's no biggie, sometimes you just have to oblige the tourists.  :)
After dinner we walked around a bit and I showed them some of the cooler things along 5th Ave.  Then we headed over to the UES for a comedy show.  I didn't realize until Adri asked, that I've never been to one before.  We had a lot of laughs and good times.  But tourists, beware, these shows are usually pretty racy (when you're touring here in Times Square you'll be approached a million times from people trying to get you to buy tickets.)  And not only that, you have to buy two drinks.  My two diet cokes were $13.  Nice.  
These are possibly the worst two pics I've ever taken, but they're all I had.  I can't believe how many comments the fedora got, both on the street, and in the comedy club.  I must have been called Britney three times.

While walking to Grand Central we got caught up in some slushy snow downpour, please excuse the nastiness.

There were little lamps on the tables and everyone wrote on them, so we added a little Hope.

On Saturday Chels and I went to the America Cup at Madi Square.  It was awesome!  It was fun to get a chance to "get to know" the gymnasts who will be in Beijing at the Olympics in August.  I have my favorites from the girls team.  There will a million high pitched screaming little girls, and a total commentator mom sitting behind us, but we still had a really good time.

The vault and floor exercise were my favorite events when I was in gymnastics as a little girl.

These guys are seriously insane.  I can't get over the amount of control and strength they have.

I always hated doing the bars, but they are so amazing to watch.




Here's Paul Hamm on the parallel bars.  I recognized him from the Olympics in 04.  He was seriously amazing!  He ended up taking first this day.  I'm really excited to see him compete again.


This is Alicia, the captain of the girls' women's team.  She was being interviewed by the emcee.  I didn't catch the reason she wasn't performing.  She's really cute though.

There's Paul again, the second gymnast from the right.


After watching gymnastics I ran a couple errands.  It was a beautiful day!  It reminded me of late fall, sunny and crisp.  While I was out and about I passed by the church I meet in and thought some of you might like to see it.  As you can see, you could walk right in front of it and not even notice.  I've been known to pass it on my way to church a time or two.
Supposedly Susan Sarandon and Time Robins live right across the street but I've yet to spot them.


After my errands I came home and just relaxed, which was nice.  It was a busy/exhausting week.  I decided to forgo going out and get things done around the apartment which was nice.  I did my laundry, got a bunch of things put away (quite the task, I had stuff all over the apartment because with getting my new bed I had to pull a lot of things out of my room, and I've been reorganizing and decluttering.  It feels great!)
Today at church we got a new bishop, as Bishop Cropper and his family are moving to LA on Tuesday.  I'm really sad to see him go, I really liked him, but our new bishop seems like he'll be great as well.
After church I took it easy, my favorite thing to do on Sundays, and caught up on a lot of my shows I've been neglecting.  I watched a whole bunch of Oprahs I've been meaning to get around to.  Can I just say I love that lady?  Honestly, LOVE HER!!!

1 comment:

nerak said...

Ok, I love watching gymnastics! That's so fun that you got to do that!