Monday, March 24, 2008

Saturday

Saturday was errands day.  Have I mentioned how much I hate running errands in the city?  Anyways, after six weeks Curtis and I finally took back his off white jacket I got him for Valentine's because he wasn't sure if he wanted a different size.  It was just slightly too small.  He ended up being between sizes but found this white one he liked that fit great.  There's this random little shop in Grand Central that has mostly weird clothes, but occasionally I find things I know he'll like (I walk past it every day and the window displays always get me.)  They have really amazing deals as well.

I finally hit up the MAC store because I needed to make a container trade.  My new favorite color is Naked Lunch, actually, it's not really new, I've been obsessed with it ever since Aimee recommended it to help with my cat eyes for Halloween.  Anyway, I needed a new one, and I've also been dying to try out their new(ish) mascara.  My Zoom Lash finally ran out (which I LOVE by the way) so I went in to try something new.  It was supposed to be amazing and I first heard about it two months ago right after I bought my last tube of mascara.  So I tried it out Saturday night aaaaaaaand, eh.  I hate it.  I guess maybe it makes my lashes a little more full, but Zoom Lash makes them SO much longer.  Linds, I know what you're going to say, but after this experience I'm not branching out again, unless I can try Bad Gal for free.  I'm so mad I just wasted $11 on mascara.  And can I please just vent for a minute?  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MAC but their customer service could really use some help.  Every time I go into the store there's never enough employees.  Anytime I need help everyone's too busy doing makeovers.  I have to say, I appreciate the fact that the makeup is now accessible to customers so it's nice to just be able to ask for what I want, but still, sometimes a girl needs some help.  So after I grabbed my beloved Naked Lunch and what I thought was supposed to be great mascara I got in line with only one person in front of me.  After that person was finished a different MAC girl got behind the register and started ringing up the two girls she just walked up with, whom just received makeovers.  Wtf?  Was I not standing in line?  I was totally annoyed.  They seriously took forever.  When they finally finished I walked to the register and there were now two employees standing in front of me.  They both looked at me, confused, and one of them finally said, "Um, sorry, what did you need?"  I was like, "Um....to check out?"  Duh!  Totally annoying.  (This was also at the end of the shopping day so my patience was lacking, and I seriously had a headache.)

The good news is I used my credit at J. Crew for some new suits!  I'm definitely in need for my upcoming trips to Florida and No-Car.
This one's my favorite.  The straps on mine are different, however, they just come straight up along the sides and over my shoulders.
Hopefully I look like this girl in it.....yeahhhhh......
I got this suit except it's baby pink and white striped.

And I also got this suit in blue but after a consensus it's the one being returned (couldn't decide by myself at the store which two were best.)

I also got these white linen pants to throw on at the end of the day for a bbq or something.  I love them.

After shopping my little heart out at the Crew I made my way down to the Flat Iron district (to to go MAC.)  I totally forgot the Shake Shake is there in Madison Square park.  Score!  I treated myself to a nice burger, fries, and peanut butter concreation (shake.)  MMMMM.  It was just what I needed.  I'd had a massive headache all day and realized when it was 5:30pm and I'd only eaten a bowl of Life all day maybe food would help.  It did.
After the park and the unfortunate MAC experience I walked down to Union Square and to my delight found the venders were still there.  There were flowers for sale!  I couldn't help but buy myself some yellow tulips.  I really wanted an Easter Lilly but they weren't in bloom.  The temps are still too cold.

Saturday night Curtis and I schlepped clear up to West 111th St to the famed Harleman Halls where Curtis's friend/business partner Julie was having a party.  It was, interesting.  They had karaokee and I just wasn't in the mood to sing twice in 7 days, so I opted out after much peer pressure.  Curtis did rock out a fabulous rendition of Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley.  I'm not going to lie, it was totally hot.

5 comments:

elise said...

Naked Lunch is one of my favorites. I bought it on a whim like 5 years ago and quickly became my daily staple.

Buy Badgal Lash. It is the only mascara I will use.

chelse said...

so i love all 3 swim suits! i always wanted one like the first suit, with the strings in the middle, but every time i try one on i feel as if i'm all saggy, so i gave up. second one is classic and will always be cute and the 3rd is totally different and trends plus the bottoms are actually a normal size! good luck deciding which one to keep! ps i'm an official blogger now!

nerak said...

Interesting that you took the 3rd swimsuit back, because I've been eyeing that one for awhile... The other ones are super cute too though! All this swimsuit talk reminds me that I NEED to hit up the gym. :)

meggan said...

Boo for plush lash. All the girls at MAC were ranting and raving about it, so I decided to give it a shot...and have never been so disappointed. Although I am a huge fan of the department store makeup counters, I swear by CoverGirl Lash Blast...works like a champ AND it's like 5 bucks.

melissa said...

there are way too many things i want to say: first of all, i know we've had this conversation... but i just LOVE loud lash! waterproof!!!! my eyelashes are really long but STRAIGHT so i love the extra oomf from the waterproof. also - i love that curtis sang an elvis song... so funny. those suits are ADORABLE.... and FINALLY... i'm getting my tax return and it's like 1,400 and i am sooo stoked because i think we are definitely coming!!!!!!!!!!