Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Can't even wait....

Yes ladies and gents, I'm taking a little trippy trip to Florida.  After like, 6 months of winter rain, wind, and gloom, my psych could seriously use some sunshine.  I was trying to go this weekend since Thurs is early close and there's no work Fri, however seeing as how it's a holiday weekend it was pretty expensive.  
I was sharing my woes with my sweet friend Caroline who then informed me she was planning to go the following weekend, and was staying at her boss's condo for free, and that I was totally invited.  Sweet!  I'm in.  So next Wed night I'm heading down to Ft. Myers to enjoy three lovely days of nothing but sun and sleep.  I need a break.

So I've been avoiding the beds for about two years now.  I was a religious fake-baker in high school and part of college, however got a little freaked after reading an article about how dangerous it is.  I'd heard the stories so many times, however for whatever reason this article just really sunk in.  Anyway, since I laid out like once last summer and am probably at my all time pastiest, I figured I needed to get some sort of a base so I could get some real color next week.  It was so weird going, I almost forgot how the beds worked.  I found myself really uptight and anxious the whole time I was in the bed.  I kept expecting someone to come in and attack me or something.  It was also a really strange feeling to have to get back into my work clothes to and bundle up in my coat to head home after being so hot.  Oh yeah, and the best part?  I purchased a package "deal" which gets me 3 whole tans in the cheap bed for $40.  New York is freakin expensive.  I think the most I've ever paid to tan was, like, $7, and that was a nice-ish place in California.  Boo.

2 comments:

elise said...

Miss tanning so much. I walk right past a salon on my way to the grocery store and I am always tempted to walk in. Tanning is heaven. 20 minute warm nap and you come out with a nice glow.

nerak said...

I was a little surprised to hear you're going down to FL! :) You're going to have fun, and I'm jealous of the sunshiney weather you'll be getting. Amen to getting some color, it's time for me to bite the bullet, pay ridiculous NY prices, and tan my uber-white bod.