Friday, March 21, 2008

Duck, Duck, Beach!

It's official kiddies.  I've secured my spot in the annual highly anticipated LDS single-palooza this year, otherwise known as Duck Beach.
The house I'm staying in will look something like this.


Every Memorial Day there's a bunch of beach houses rented out off the coast of North Carolina.  This year there will be two New York houses, and then there's other houses for DC people, etc.  People from all over the country come now, and I've heard it's pretty crazy.  Parties every night and laying out, playing on the beach, and bbqs every day.  I didn't go last year because I was still pretty new and didn't know that much about it.
I haven't decided if I'll stay all week or just make a long weekend of it.  We'll see how it goes.  Should be a good time!

7 comments:

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

dang, that house is SO PIMP! Man, what an amazing time you'll have!

elise said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I want to buy that house.

katherine said...

Sorry I missed your g-chat message tonight--I was getting Ella in bed and Shano was on the computer. I have a lot to say and I'm too lazy to comment on each post so I'm gonna sum it all up here:

1) I haven't forgotten about your friend with the ABC hook-up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. You know the really funny thing about that Oprah dream? The whole time I remember thinking, "Man, when I wake up I HAVE to tell Rachel. She's going to be so jealous I'm BFF with Oprah."

2)I'm always up to helping people with their computers. Currently, I'm 'tutoring' an eighty year old lady in my ward once a week about her Mac.

3) I'm equally happy to help you with any crafty project--everyone's crafty, you just need to learn how to release it :).

4) SO confused about the election. I have this gut feeling that something is shady with McCain, I don't like Hillary, I think Obama is an outstanding man buuuut he's quite the liberal. What to do...

5) Shane is DYING to see No Country for Old Men. I think your post about did him in.

6) Still impressed with all the tall shoes you're wearing. You look fabulous and your beautiful, long hair has convinvced me not to get that bob I've been debating about.

7) Expensive, high thread count sheets ROCK! (In the future try overstock.com)

8) Exciting about all your future beach trips--you deserve it. Living in states with winters SUCK. Wanna take me along? You haven't seen pale until you've seen me lately.

9) Let's chat on the phone some time soon...

Love ya!

melissa said...

im seriously so depressed.... i wanna go so bad!!! TAKE A MILLION PICTURES FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!

nerak said...

You're going to have SO much fun. Stay long enough to make it worth your $$. I got there Friday night and stayed until Thursday morning... I would totally recommend it. It's nice to have the crazy fun with 100's of people, followed by still fun (but not so crazy) time with the people who stick around after.

Steve and Rebecca said...

That will be AWESOME!!

chiggidy said...

i can't wait. we're going to have a ball.

i need a vacation SO badly.