Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Finally, a bed update

I've been meaning to take a picture of my bed forever and post it since I blogged all about the bed buying experience, but I keep forgetting.  This isn't the best picture to show all the bed's assets, however when I took this picture I wasn't thinking about using it for this.  I realize the potentially scandalous nature this picture looks like it presents, seeing as how Curtis is in my bed, and some of my clothes are laying on the corner, however, it's NOT how it looks!  On Sunday after I took a nice nap Curtis and I were going to head up to the UWS for a friend's dessert thing.  I had been in my sweats while I was sleeping, and then Curtis was waiting for me while I was in the bathroom changing, and doing my makeup.  This is how I found him when I came back.  I'd just thrown my sweats (yes Brad, girls wear sweats, get over it) on the corner of the bed, not thinking how it would look, to capture this pic.
Anyway, enough explaining.  Here is the bed in all it's glory.  Honestly, I am obsessed with it.  I needed new sheets to fit it, and ended up splurging on new pillows a cover for my body pillow, and a bed skirt.  It wasn't exactly splurging (well, not that bad) because I got everything at discounted prices at Centrury 21.  (It's kinda like a huge Ross or TJ Max.)  The best part is the sheets.  I am OBSESSED with them!!!!!  I've never been one to spend a lot of money on sheets, but let me tell you, this is something I will never skimp on again.  It is quite the investment, considering you spend so much time in bed.  When I was looking online for what I should get I consulted some older, more established female coworkers on what was acceptable thread count.  I was floored when one of my work bffs, Nicole, told me nothing below 600 was acceptable, and not only that, but that the fitted sheet and the flat sheet probably wouldn't come together!  What?!  I've never heard of such a thing.  Call me white trash, or call me a snob now, I don't care, I firmly standing by my new found beliefs when it comes to bed linens.  
So I went to Century 21 and shopped and shopped, getting really impatient.  I hate having to dig through things to find what I want.  I knew I wanted purple, and I knew I wanted something "sorta" nice.  I ended up (or so I thought) settling on some seafome green sheets, with a decent thread count, that were a good brand, and were cotton sateen, or sateen cotton, whichever it is.  On my way out some sheets happened to catch my eye.  They were purple, came in a box with both sheets, and both pillow cases, and looked really nice.  They were more than I wanted to pay, but they were also half off the original price, so hey, a bargain, right?  So the moral of the story is, I highly highly recommend a high thread count, egyptian cotton sheets.  Your body will thank you every morning.
Lastly, one of the best parts, when I was putting the pillow cases on I realized they're the kind that has one side tuck over the pillow.  SWEET!  I HATE how my pillows are always sliding out and now that is no longer a problem!!

1 comment:

nerak said...

That looks soooo nice. I've never gone for nice sheets (I still have not graduated from a little bed)... But you've totally convinced me that I need to!