Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No Country For Old Men

So I was really sort of not wanting to see this movie, but Curtis talked me into it, and I have to admit, it was amazing.  I had my head turned away for a lot of it because I can't handle violence anymore, but the story, writing, and acting were SO GOOD.  Javier Bardem definitely deserved the Academy Award.  He is scarier than Hannible Lector.  It was just such a different kind of movie, but not strange.  It's hard to explain.  It was scary in a way that I've never seen a movie be scary.  There were lots of periods of time where minutes would go by with no dialog and I didn't even notice.  I never once got bored, which happens a lot in movies lately.  Josh Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones were also phenomenal.  If you can handle it, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

nerak said...

So apparently I'm allll about commenting today. :) But I have to agree with you, I found this movie fascinating! It was sooo intense and scary and I was freaked out most of the time, but the cinematography, the dialogue, and the ACTING -- all totally amazing.

Have you seen There Will Be Blood? Similar moments of no dialogue and you don't even notice. If you liked No Country, you'll totally appreciate There Will Be Blood.