Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Two weekends ago

So two weekends ago Tamra, a friend of Curtis's came out with two girlfriends to visit New York and they stayed at his place.  We spent the weekend with them and they were seriously the cutest, most fun girls ever.  Seriously darling.
They came on the rainiest weekend but were such troopers.  The first night they got here all they wanted to do was eat at Grimaldi's in Brooklyn so we hopped on the A and went the one stop.

Grimaldi's was one of the first places Curtis and I went to dinner.  We love it.

On Sat we took the girls over to the South Street Seaport which is just two blocks from Curtis's place.  There's a TKTS there and the girls wanted to see if there was anything they wanted to see besides Rent.  The TKTS doesn't have as big of a selection as the one in Times Square, but it's still really nice and convenient.  While we were there it seriously felt like there was a hurricane coming.  The wind and rain were outrageous!!  This pic makes it look like we were just having fun but we were about two seconds from being thrown.  Curtis's huge umbrella even got turned upside down.  I thought of you, Elise.  :)

Some of the best pictures come from rooftops.  :)

I live across the street from Trinity Church and there's a cemetery there.  I know, it sounds weird to say I live across the street from a grave yard, but I don't really even think about it.  It's hundreds of years old, and I have to admit I have had the thought cross my mind a time or two to take a ouji board out there late one night (but obviously never would!)  After walking past it a million times Curtis noticed Alexander Hamilton's grave.  I love this place.

Saturday morning we went to breakfast at my favorite diner, Gold Street Diner.  It's owned by the same people who own Ulysses, which I mention frequently.  This diner is seriously sweet.  It's not ghetto like Denny's and IHOP (although I still love them.)  It's open 24 hours, has good food, and at night there's a deejay who seriously plays the best music and mixed better than anyone I've ever heard.
L to R: Me, Tamra Case, Natalie, Jason and Brian (2 of 3 of Curtis's roommates) and Renee Broburg.  Curtis was taking the pic.

Me, Renee, Natalie, and Tamra on Curtis's roof.


The weekend wouldn't be complete without Curtis and me seeing a movie.  We went to 10,000 BC.  It was alright.  Entertaining.  That's about all I have to say about it.


1 comment:

elise said...

I love your white coat! You have the cutest coats.