Monday, February 18, 2008

Movies, movies

So Curtis and I saw Definitely, Maybe Saturday night.  Going into it I thought, "Eh, it'll be another romantic comedy that's predictable and just like every other movie."  But we actually both really liked it.  It was cute, funny, and had some really good acting.  Also, of course we loved it especially because it was filmed in our city.  I've said it before but watching movies is just such a different experience after you live here.  When the actors are outside you get distracted looking in the background trying to figure out where they are.  We were really excited to see the TGIFridays on 8th Ave we ate at before going to Times Square for New Year's, as well as a lot of other familiar locations.  Other than one thing about the story line, I'd say it was really good.  I'd recommend the movie.  Very cute.
Speaking of New York movies......Sunday night this movie was on.  I haven't seen it since I was old enough to be scared by it.  I couldn't really remember the story line, but there were bits and pieces I definitely remembered.  Me bringing this up sparked a conversation between Curtis, Chelsie, and I about what we thought of other movies as kids.  I mentioned being so scared by Watcher in the Woods when I was little that it made me throw up.  Sick.  Watching Jaws at a young age was also way scary and has scarred me for life.  I'm way too scared in the ocean, and embarrassingly paranoid in lakes.  At least I've gotten past freaking out in the pool.  
It was interesting to watch Ghost Busters because it was filmed 24 years ago, so New York looked quite different.  It was a lot harder to place areas.  I had a good time watching the show, and thought it was really funny, especially the green booger ghost that eats everything in the Waldorf.  Sadly though, I fell asleep for the last ten minutes, so I don't remember what happened after the huge marshmellow man came out.  Can anyone fill me in?

4 comments:

katherine said...

Speaking of movies, I finally saw Juno. LUH-OVED it and can't wait to see it again!

katherine said...

Speaking of movies, I finally saw Juno. LUH-OVED it and can't wait to see it again!

elise said...

I have never seen Ghostbusters. Maybe bits of it, but I don't even know that for sure...

paintingyoupretty said...

Loved that you already figured out the picture! I knew you would! Also, I secretly want to move to NYC and work at the stila counter at Bloomies on 59th street. Tell your friend I jumped for joy when I heard about the deal she got on her purse! I love that place!