Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Are you alive?"

That was the subject of last night's blackberry message from Elise, followed by:

You've been MIA in blog land...

I know. I've missed blogging but have just been consumed by other things. Life's been crazy, and I've had to invest my spare time in other, more pressing matters.
A lot's gone on in the past month, and there's a lot to come in the next six weeks. I've been out of town, I have to move, I'm going to Portland to be in a weekend long wedding over Labor Day, etc etc etc. Basically I haven't had a whole lot of "doing nothing around the apartment time." My own brother came into town last night with his peach of a wife and darling of a daughter, and I had to inform him I can't even get together with them because the next three days are filled with things I can't really get out of. Sad.
Anyway, I'm hoping to at least post some of the bigger recent events in the next bit, and then come September (besides the move) I'll be back in business because someone who consumes most of my time will be moving to Kansas City. (Who does that?) Oh yeah, and besides that, next week he leaves for two weeks to go hike Mount Kilimanjaro. (Seriously.) I think I might suddenly find myself with time to blog.
Stay tuned.

6 comments:

elise said...

Yay! You are blogging (and commenting!) at work!

So, moving for sure?

And after I texted you last night, I realized that it is sad that we rely too much on blogging for our communication with each other.

nerak said...

Kansas City? WHAT?

Shannon "Fuller" Davis said...

rachel where are you moving? why is he moving? I need updates

Meggie and Russ said...

OK RAE, I HAVE to know where you got those CUTIE-Head shoes for your niece !!! Love them too cute and PLEASE blog again soon, you are one of my only peer forms of entertainment!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I've really missed you too. Sounds like you have alot going on, please update us.

melissa said...

WWWWWWWWWAIT.... why is he moving? and is he who i think "he" is? I think so. UMMMMMMm KC?????? Thank you elise for bringing rachel back from blogger death. love you girl