Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dear readers:

Lately I've thought a bit about how I post a million pictures on the blog, and most of them include me.  I realize it probably makes me look like I'm really in love with myself.  I wondered if I should start cutting back on not only the "me" pictures, but the pictures all together.  I mean, it does take forever for them to load.  But then I got to thinking, it's not like I have kids that I'm taking pictures of.  And usually when I'm out with a group of friends it's sort of a "hey let's ask someone to take our picture" sort of thing.  Other times I'm out with a particular person who likes to grab my camera and start snapping.  Usually when I have to take a picture by myself, I feel kind of awkward.  But by the time I load them onto my computer and start picking which ones to post, I just pick the ones I think turned out okay, or had the most fun editing, and post them.  It's so hard for me to narrow pictures down to only a couple, and I keep reminding myself that I'm going to print my blog off into a book (if I can EVER get caught up.)  Since I almost never actually have pictures printed, I figure this will be my way of having (sort of) hard copies to have around, which is why I like to include so many.
Anyone who's spent time with me (or has read my blog) knows I just can't summarize.  My stories take about an hour; I just have such a hard time leaving out details.  So while I wish I had the skill of making short and sweet blog posts that are witty and enjoyable, I've come to the conclusion that's just not me.  I'm sure when I have kids I'll be taking way too many pictures of them.  (I think when my nephew turned one I took about 32 pictures of him just eating his first piece of cake.)  So yes, as much as everyone gripes about "those people" I guess I'm just "that person." So I'm okay with it, and hopefully you are too.  If not, you don't have to look at my blog.
There.  I feel better.

5 comments:

elise said...

I hate asking people to take pictures of me and I think it is great that you take so many pictures of yourself doing fun things. It will be good for memories.

Plus, I'd rather see fun pictures of you than some of the pictures that people post of their kids. Once, someone I know posted pictures of their newborn's nasty poopy diaper. GROSS!

Unknown said...

DO NOT CHANGE A THING!!! As a person with little imagination, I need every picture of every detail including the ones with your beautiful face! That is what makes your blog soooo good. Words just aren't enough, pictures are the extra special step that makes me want to check out what Rachel has been doing!

katherine said...

That's what I love about you--the details! Keep them coming.

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

I love blogs that post a bunch of pictures, theyre way more fun to look at than people that just write stuff all the time. And if there are a lot of pictures of yourself, so what...i like posting pictures that Im in too, so there!

Nadia said...

We love your pictures - don't worry about it, its your blog and we look at it to see you, not people we don't know...unless they are people you know :)