Wednesday, July 9, 2008

7.7.77

He turned 31 on Monday.  (So I've been slacking on posting bday shout outs on actual birthdays; I guess I rationalize that it's okay because I'd rather be out celebrating the birthday than blogging about it?)
He wanted sushi, so we went to a nice place in our neighborhood, and he rocked his new fedora.
Yep, I even ate some.  See those cucumber rolls up top?  That was all me.  Had a couple California rolls too, and two Philadelphia rolls.  Oh yeah, and we got King Crab Dumplings to start, and I actually really liked them!  And obviously edamame, which I love.

He wanted to be mellow so we got dessert from jubilee; him a brownie, me a slice of red velvet.
But today was the real treat.  I told him I had a surprise for him and to meet me in midtown after work.  He said he had a few ideas of what we might be doing, but when we showed up at City Nails the look on his face was complete shock.  He's never indulged in a mani, or pedi, so I treated, and he actually really liked it.  The best part was watching him be in such a confused state.  I never thought about the fact that he's never stepped foot in a nail salon, and didn't even know what to do.  I guess the first time I went I just knew what to do from the years of watching my mom get hers done.  He stood there, nervous, and tried to sit in the manicurist's chair.  I had to inform him the cushy seat with the massagers in it was for him.
My pedi took longer since I was getting paint so he reclined and enjoyed more massage.
I loved all the things that made him excited and nervous.  He was most nervous about the filing, and most intrigued by the tool they use to cut off your cuticles.
He asked me if I was going to blog these pictures, and I said of course.  His requested quote for this picture was, "I got my nails did!"  I'm so glad he loved it.
PS How cool is it to have been born on July 7th, 1977?  7/7/77, so cool.

3 comments:

elise said...

What a fun birthday present!

melissa said...

hahahahah!!! i freaking love him

Steve and Rebecca said...

I bet he and Ryan would get along great!! As I was driving home Sunday night I was thinking about how much I miss seeing you...2-3 times a year is not enough! But, I am so glad that you got to come out this past weekend and be here for Ryan's party! Miss you! Love, Reb