Saturday, July 5, 2008

Last of the birthday posts

So we ended the birthday week with a Trifecta Birthday Rooftop party.  My roommates Maria, Chelsie, and I all had birthdays within a week of each other.  Since it was officially summer time, what better way to celebrate than on the roof?

Maria, Chelsie, me, and Jaclyn.  Jac bought us the tiaras.  :)
Love love love these girls.  We laugh all the time.

Of course Pepper came to the party.  
The music man.  Curtis bought a new system that day and we were SO thankful.  It sounded awesome.



Rachel and Gina.  Love them for coming down from Boston.
It was SO hot that night, once the humidity set it we all started to look a lil nasty and shiny...




Me and Dan
Sooooo, we'd seen lots of lighting over in Jersey and were just keeping an eye out.  I was nervous about the rain, especially since Curtis had set up his brand new system, and we had tons of food out.  I was on the opposite side of the roof chatting and felt a rain drop on my cheek.  I immediately started to walk towards Curtis to let him know and LITERALLY took about two steps and BOOM!  It was like the movies where out of no where it is just POURING huge raindrops.  Just dumping.  Luckily a lot of people had shown up by then and everyone totally helped grab things so we were out of there in just a minute or two and nothing got ruined (minus our hair.)
So we headed to the clubhouse room.
Anita's a trooper and made the shlep in the rain clear downtown from the Bronx.  Love her.
Colin is maybe the nicest guy I know.
Chelsie's friend Josh was visiting from Vegas and he was darling.

And of course, we danced.


Jamar is amazing, and Brit is darling.

So maybe at this point Maria, Chels, and I were dancing to Fiddy Cent's birthday song...




Steveo, friends since summer '03 at the Ridge.
Ed kept his promise and gave me a little lap dance, haha.
So THEN the management closed the clubhouse down at 11pm so we moved the party to our apartment.
Mikey Perkey, and yet another Rachel.
Birthday cheesecake!


Heidi and Chels.

Dan is quite the ladies man.
Nick and Gina

We like to dance, even though his moves put me to shame.
Heidi's so cute.  She's one of those girls who's always happy.
Paul and Gina getting down with the ugly dance.
The night I finally met Rustin.  Amazing.  And maybe he said our party was the best he'd ever been to in NYC.....I'm just sayin.....

I LOVE Ed.  He cracks me up.
Okay so maybe I look like a total freak, but I just love Ed's face, and how on the last picture he's trying to act like he's not enjoying himself.
Jac knows how to get down.

Jac and Chels are really excited about seeing each other.
Rach and Helen

So at about 2am when the last of the partygoers were still chatting in our kitchen we passed out on the lovesac (remember how we'd only gotten 4 hours of sleep and had gotten up at 6am to go skydiving?  Needless to say, we were EXHAUSTED.  The next day I slept until 1pm, took two naps, and still passed out around 11pm.  Yeah, I don't even know how that's possible.)
So clearly I had the best birthday ever.  Thanks again to everyone for making it all so great.  The weekend was amazing, and exhausting, but so so so perfect.

5 comments:

Steve and Rebecca said...

You are a party animal!! Looks fun!

nerak said...

I love the grey and black shirt/dress. So cute.

elise said...

LOVE the outfit!

melissa said...

that boy that you love... green shirt. i totally met him at that party i went to at 33 gold! HILARIOUS! and really good at singing rockband

Unknown said...

Looks like alot of fun! I'm not amazed at the amount of sleep you had the next day, but the amount of hours of sleep you don't get on a regular basis and still manage to make it through your day!