Saturday, May 31, 2008

Words of wisdom by Carrie Bradshaw

...and if I don't ever get married or have a baby, what?  I get bupkiss?  Think about it, if you are single after graduation there isn't one occasion where people celebrate you.
I am talking about the single gal.  Halmark doesn't make a "Congratulations you didn't marry the wrong guy" card.  And where's the flatware for going on vacation alone?
I'm thrilled to give you gifts to celebrate your life, I just think it stinks that single people are left out of it.

Not that I'm complaining, nor do I wish I could have gone down a different path, I'm just sayin.......
Sometimes when I don't have all the kitchen supplies I need, or whatever else it is engaged couples register for, I feel like sending out "I'm single and fabulous" announcements.....and telling everyone I'm registered at Target.

2 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

Thats funny! Hey, don't get me wrong, I love being married and I would not change it for the world. BUT...there are times I miss being single and living free!

P.S. Sorry I spoiled CSI, I totally spaced it...I just thought since I was late watching it, everyone else should have seen it too! Sorry, I will be more careful in the future! ;)

melissa said...

i love this post... and may steal this quote soon..... just a warning. ;) can't wait to see you!