Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Boston last weekend

Last weekend was such a blast.  My mom flew in Friday and got to come into my work to see the floor and meet some of the people I work with.  That night we saw Xanadu.  It wasn't the best show I've seen out here, but it was cute, and my mom really liked it so that made me happy.
Saturday morning we got up early and drove to Boston for Nadia's surprise baby shower!  I've been so excited about this for over a month but haven't been able to blog about it for obvious reasons.  Nad's adorable friend Jhordan planned the shower to be at Cheesecake Factory and then Brad brought her there.  Do you think she was surprised??

It was a great group, and so fun that Jane could be there since she'd been out with Katie who just had adorable baby Dylan.  

Jhord made the BEST sugar cookies.


Brad is so ready to be a daddy.  He and Nadia just can't wait any longer for Maddy to get here.  Me neither!

The adorable mommy and daddy.

As always, I had the best time in Boson (even if I did sleep all day Sunday Brad!)  I always have so much fun with the two of them.  Their little nursery is so adorable.  They are so ready for Maddy and I couldn't be happier for them.

On the way home from Boston on Monday I dropped my mom off at JFK and then had to drive the rental car back into the city from Queens.  I was super nervous, to say the least.  Seeing as how I don't drive, I don't know how to get anywhere.  I know New York City from under ground, not above, since I take the subway everywhere.  I'd printed off directions which were really helpful, but I was still nervous.
It's always inspiring to be headed into the city and see the skyline.  It's not the best picture since I was the driver and the photographer, but still, there's the Empire State Building.


1 comment:

Nadia said...

Yikes - I am looking a lil scary!!not a good day for me to "skip" the getting ready part of the day. That aside I had a great time, it was so nice to see you guys - thank you, thank you, for making it all happen! Love ya