Saturday, May 31, 2008

The wait is over....We got Carried away

There are some New York nights that are monumental, gigantic, historic.  Others, are just Big.
-Carrie Bradshaw

Thursday night finally came and Curtis and I went to the 12:01am showing of Sex and the City at Battery Park.

We headed to Union Square for dinner at Max Brenner's Chocolate by the Bald Man.  You can't go wrong with this place, it's one of my favorite restaurants in the city.  If you're ever in town DON'T miss it!  
We started off with the Mediterranean Platter; Hummus in olive oil, Babaganush, Spanish eggplant dip, Greek stuffed grape leaves served with grilled pita bread.  The bread was SO good and our favorite spread was the hummus.
Then I got the Marinara Penne and Curtis got the Salmon Wellington.  We finished it off with the Melting Chocolate Heart Cake; Warm chocolate cake with a melting heart of dark and white chocolate.  Served with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, fresh strawberries and blueberries with a choice of warm chocolate or raspberry sauce served on the side.  MMM.  SO GOOD!  But we both ate way too much and ended up with hurting tummies and Curtis with a bad headache.  Luckily we were both feeling fine by the show.

We got down to the theater at about 10:30 with other mobs of girls decked out in their great shoes and cute dresses, "I <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgEZDe5B8cT4LvjCSAth48mz_PoIiLNe-qtmLT-dhuWJcqPfAXWt2rLgMH-5pRj-QtmDEVowo9yUgAwBTrEJkYXGfVTn9G51tFoZL1vyRyBfEBoxSgmfgS_Ufuvmo7Re8QAKgLg9kaUAsVl/s1600-h/DSCF2316.JPG">Even though I'd downed a Red Bull, by about 11:30pm I was getting sleepy, and kinda worried I would struggle through the movie.  Luckily when the show finally started and they played the theme music I got the biggest adrenaline rush and didn't get sleepy once.  The crowd was great, everyone cheering and clapping at all the best parts, ie the first time it showed all four girls together, during the fashion montages, when Big first appeared onscreen, etc etc.  
I loved the movie.  I loved how everything went and how it ended.  
The night ended perfectly with a cab ride home (even though the weather was absolutely perfect and gorgeous I'd had enough with the walking in 4 1/2 inch heels.)
Getting home at 3am and to bed at 4am (and having to go to work the next day) was entirely worth it!  

4 comments:

elise said...

Props for being able to stay up that late & go to work. I wouldn't be able to do it.

nerak said...

SATC was a double edged sword for me. Loved it SO much, but the NY scenes made my heart hurt! Live it up for me, Rae.

Cindy Robinson said...

you are a funny girl! and so cute...and SUPER skinny! you are looking so stinkin cute! i have a good 10-15lbs to lose before i come out to visit you! i got the fabulous baby buldge...but no baby! :( but i will work it off and then we can totally shop it up new york style! love you and miss you much! glad you had fun at the movie!

lynette said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! I hope you had a good birthday... You deserve it....I will call tomorrow.

Lynette