Monday, May 12, 2008

Saturday night and Sunday

So Saturday night Sara and Jenna threw a Pirate Palooza, which was totally fun because as trendy as pirates have been for the past five years, I've actually never dressed up like one.  It was interesting walking the 6 blocks to their place dressed up, all along, but living in New York, it's not uncommon to see something like this.
The awkward part?  When I got to the party, peeked in, and saw a bunch of people dressed normally.  I have to admit I got a little insecure and walked out to call Curtis to see if he was there yet, because I knew he was going.  He wasn't there yet, but I decided to pull an Elle Woods circa Legally Blond (the original) and just hold my head up high and walk into the party.  I felt a little lame, but there were a few more people dressed up one I got inside, like my lovely friend Courtnie.

Curtis' outfit was so great, when he walked in he was super serious, and no one knew who he was.

Ellie and Carley dressed up like mermaids.  Love it


Maybe there was dancing.....

So after the party we couldn't help but walk the couple blocks down to South Street Seaport to take some pictures with the ships.



Sunday there was a picnic in Sheep's Meadow.  Once it gets nice there's picnics a lot on Sundays. So fun.

And maybe when I saw this little piece of art I couldn't help but see an ANTM moment....


4 comments:

chelse said...

those are some freaken rad pics! the party looked way fun and you are a way hotter pirate than i could ever be! dang girl! ha ha was that a scarf around your booty bc i hope it was! could anyone ask for a hotter fiance?

Maria said...

The dance party was a blast - so glad I decided to go.

Jason said...

Pirates are so hot right now.

melissa said...

LOVE your outfit!!!!!!! I had a pirate bday party in rexburg last year... and like... 5 people dressed up. me included. so funny.