Monday, May 19, 2008

Two models and a fitness guru

So I never made this blog, aka public knowledge because I wanted things to be for sure in case plans changed.  Well, plans changed.  For like a week it was all but final for me to move June 1st.  I hadn't been aggressively searching for a new place, but happened to find out about a place that was opening up only a few blocks from my current apartment.  It's a long story, but I fell in love with it, and was set to go, and then decided against it.  The cool part?  While I was waiting in the lobby to check out the apartment, Danielle, America's Next Top Model's cycle 6 winner, walked in, said hey to the doorman, and then hopped in an elevator.  I take this to mean she lives there.  Pretty sweet.  

Then last Saturday I was headed to Bloomie's to meet up with my fabulous roommates for a little froyo action from 40 Carats.  It was my first time, and while I really liked it, and it's a step in the right direction, still, nothing quite compares to my beloved Golden Spoon.
The point is, as I was walking up 5th Ave I walked right past Claire, from this past cycle of ANTM.  She was pushing her daughter in a stroller.  It was weird because it was one of those "aha" moments when I realized I really am tall (thankfully, according to Ed) because all those models looks so tall on the show, and when I saw Claire in real life she was like, my same height.  Didn't really think anything of it.  She pretty much looked exactly the same as she did on the show.  I don't normally talk to celebrities (whether they're A list or D list) however I would have approached her if I wasn't on the phone with Shantay.  Oh well, maybe next tim.

PS Earlier this same day my roommate Jaclyn saw Richard Simmons, teeny shorts and tank.  Love it.

3 comments:

Jen Demaris said...

That is seriously crazy how many people you see out there...thats it Im coming! I swear (unless I am a completly oblivious) I dont think I have ever just SEEN a celeb/someone famous walking down the street or something...I actually have to pay for a ticket for concerts and stuff for that kind of entertainment...

chelse said...

you're awesome. i seriously wouldn't recognize any of those people, well except for richard simmons. and ps i'm sad that we never talk. i need some rachel time!

Scott+Kimber+Ruby=Scimby said...

dude, I would trade seeing Danielle and Claire ANYDAY for the chance to see RICHARD SIMMONS!!!! I love him, and I'm totally not ashamed to admit that I used to do Sweatin' to the Oldies!!